Squier Classic Vibe Duo Sonic Neck Replacement

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

qbvan

Squier Classic Vibe Duo Sonic Neck Replacement

Post by qbvan »

Hey yall!

My first post here, so bear with me ha.
I just purchased a used squier cv duo sonic, really like the guitar but im running into a couple of problems.
The neck seems to be pretty warped towards the headstock and i've tried adjusting the truss rod myself but haven't really been able to straighten it out.
Theres a lot of buzzing when playing the low E string, but playing all the other strings is smooth and void of buzzing for the most part.

So Im just looking for some advice...curious to see if changing the neck is the way to fix this issue.
I've also never changed a neck on a guitar before so Im a little lost there too. Not really sure what necks are out there I could purchase that would fit properly.
What are the measurements and specs I should look out for when buying a replacement neck?
From what I know, the cv duo sonic neck is 24" and 21 frets. Not sure about the cavity though etc.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Addam

Post by Addam »

Squier Jagmaster, the 21 fret 24" scale one though.
I would investigate sorting your existing neck.
What do you mean by 'warp'? Like a twist along the neck or a bowing with/against the string tension?
A tweak of the truss rod and/or a fret leveling might get it sorted.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Did you buy it retail? If so try to get Fender/Squier to replace the neck.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
qbvan

Post by qbvan »

hey yall. sorry for the late reply! i actually ended up taking the guitar to a shop and got it fixed up there.
its playing pretty well now. thanks for the help anyways!
jagsonic

Post by jagsonic »

What was the problem with it?

And hey: ((nopics))