Quarks

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Gabriel

Quarks

Post by Gabriel »

I'm in a band with a few of my friends from Glasgow. We're launching an EP at Bar Bloc on the 31st March.

A few of you might have seen me posting about a recent recording session I was doing. Well this is what we were working on:

[youtube][/youtube]
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Watched this when my TV was on the fritz yesterday, much like the first vid you posted - I loving what you are doing! The rest of the band could do with learning some of your action moves while playing though.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Haha it's my inbuilt rock guitarist I can't appear to escape from...

Glad you like the stuff though!
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Watched this the other day. Very impressive Gabriel.

How much of that was composed as opposed to improvised? Judging by the sheet music (btw, how does your drummer turn the pages?) I'm guessing at least some of it must have been written?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

That piece was pretty heavily composed, we were all using two music stands - apart from the sax player - so we didn't have to turn the pages.

There were a couple of solo sections in the piece, I play an extended solo about two minutes in and the sax solos at the end.