recommend me some shitty synths (casios and the like)

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Well sold the Casio HT-700 bloody thing bins all the sounds you program every time it powers off... Will be replaced by:

Some of the demos on youtube of this thing sound great... only lacks the analog filter the casio had, but I figure I'll just run it through my monotron et viola

Last edited by dezb1 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
XY
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

*cries* that is the instrument that started everything for me. I had a pss470 at age 4 in 1989 (still have it with a broken key and no longer works with a power supply). I learned how to play keys on that thing. As an instrument it's fun, easier to program than dx series but it is so weak and tinny in its own loveable-though-never-useable-to-me-beyond-dicking-around sort of way.

Oddly enough the PSR-210 Freddy posted is the same as my 2nd keyboard...can't recall the exact model but it was the same thing without the pads on the right side.. I think I gave that to my neice years ago.

Edit: Freddy posted the 310, mine actually was the PSR-210.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

That's the 480 I also have the 470 posted o page 2.
XY
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Typo, it was the 480 like the one in the pic.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Also, I bought a Casio ML-1 last weekend for a buck. It uses the same adapter as my sk1 and has some crazy sounds. I'll have to take a group pic of all these things soon.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

480 arrived today fucking courier cracked the casing.
XY
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

dezb1 wrote:480 arrived today fucking courier cracked the casing.
Fucking bastards :(
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
NickS

Post by NickS »

dezb1 wrote:Well sold the Casio HT-700 bloody thing bins all the sounds you program every time it powers off...
Thread on this problem and how to fix
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Nick wrote:Edit: Freddy posted the 310, mine actually was the PSR-210.
Oh shit, yeah, I didn't even realise. Mine is a 210 (in fact I actually own two of them now lol) but I got the pic off Google Images, didn't even realise it was the wrong model. I am idiot.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

NickS wrote:
dezb1 wrote:Well sold the Casio HT-700 bloody thing bins all the sounds you program every time it powers off...
Thread on this problem and how to fix
Too late now t'is gone... but cheers any hoo
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

gusman2x wrote:
dezb1 wrote:480 arrived today fucking courier cracked the casing.
Fucking bastards :(
Still works, bloke I bought it from gave me a partial refund as postage was about half the price of the thing. Need to find a fix for it now.
XY
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Trying to unload most of my "shitty synth" collection now, and I just found a Yamaha PSR-36 on local craigslist with no price, couldn't help sending an inquiry email - from what I've seen in youtube videos it may be the portasound to end my portasound search. The nice easy to use FM synthesis section like my PSS-470, only it has full size keys and the thicker 4OP sounds like my DX21 had.

I hope I can snag it.

EDIT: seller still has it, but wants $125 (stand and power supply included). Not terrible, but I was hoping to spend closer to $50 for a local sale. I'll think on it before sending an offer.