It's taken 62 years but...

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

It's taken 62 years but...

Post by dezb1 »

...The new board at Fender have FINALLY fixed sorted out Leo's design flaws in the Stratocaster

XY
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

NON STAGGERED POLE PIECES.

I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU ASSHOLES TO DO THIS FOR 10 OR 15 FUCKING YEARS.

YOU TAKE A ROBROE PICKUPCOVER, PUSH IT DOWN REALLY HARD ON THE PICKUP SO THE POLES EVEN OUT AND STAGGER OUT THE BACK SIDE OF THE PICKUP INSTEAD OF THE TOP. FLATTEN THE WHOLE FUCKING THING OUT AND COVER THE FUCKING BITCH UP.

WHY DOES EDGE HAVE TO BE THE ONE FUCKING GUY ON EARTH THAT SAYS TO ME GOOD IDEA ROBROE YOU THE FUCKING MAN? I HATE EDGE. EVERYONE ELSE SAID "WHY DID YOU FUCKING DO THAT? ITS GOING TO BREAK THE PICKUP" OR "THAT SHIT CANT SOUND GOOD"

FUCK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
dots wrote:incesticide
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Hey rob, fuckloads of Fender/Squier/aftermarket pickups from the '70s to now have been non-staggered too. CIJ Jag poles aren't staggered, for example. And that's just the guitar sitting 3-inches to the right of my face, there are probably others out there in the wilderness. Eric Johnson is a fan of the robroe method of "just push that shit" (he's from Texas so its lowercase but still).

Also The Edge didn't say shit to you, not that it'd be anything to be proud of in the first place... just stick it to him with your own signature Fender/make a youtube video where you say he sucks and leave it at that.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Haha more wood more tone
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Nick wrote:Haha more wood more tone
This is what they thought in the 70s too. I guess everything comes back around, no matter how misguided.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

What a tedious man. There is nothing redeeming about that band.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Not a big U2 fan and can't stand anything post Zooropa (excuse the spelling)... but before that the Edge wrote some cracking tunes. Zooropa was U2's kid A but their fans just couldn't accept the shift... Bono creates hate.
XY
finboy

Post by finboy »

dezb1 wrote:Not a big U2 fan and can't stand anything post Zooropa (excuse the spelling)... but before that the Edge wrote some cracking tunes. Zooropa was U2's kid A but their fans just couldn't accept the shift... Bono creates hate.
This, I really enjoy everything up to zooropa, but their output after pop has just been cringe inducing
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I thought this was a future thread about Gowanda Girl.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Nick wrote:I thought this was a future thread about Gowanda Girl.

You hijacking threads on robroe'a behalf these days?
XY
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Bacchus started it in the tom green pub thread, I just ran with it.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I know there's not enough robroe on this forum but surely that's a situation for Rob to sort out.
XY
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Cmon dude you're getting really morlanic on me right now.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Nick wrote:Cmon dude you're getting really morlanic on me right now.
touche... well played sir.
XY
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

ITT: The Edge gets even more boring.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

dezb1 wrote:Not a big U2 fan and can't stand anything post Zooropa (excuse the spelling)... but before that the Edge wrote some cracking tunes. Zooropa was U2's kid A but their fans just couldn't accept the shift... Bono creates hate.
Yeah, I like a lot of the Edges guitar work up until then.
He created a big signature sound despite being a very average player by clever use of effects and techniques.
Would maybe get more credit if he wasn't in a huge corporate band fronted by a tosser that likes to spout off about politics.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Fran wrote:
Yeah, I like a lot of the Edges guitar work up until then.
He created a big signature sound despite being a very average player by clever use of effects and techniques.
Would maybe get more credit if he wasn't in a huge corporate band fronted by a tosser that likes to spout off about politics.
Word.
XY