Reverb question... again

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Reverb question... again

Post by dezb1 »

Decided my Hof mini isn't for me as I like tweaking. Been considering the Boss rv6 as they make my favourite delay (DD3) thought I might try their reverb, and the Digitech supernatural as I like what I hear in the youtube demos but don't know how reliable Digitech stuff is... opinions please.
XY
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

I have an RV-6 and like it a lot. Like the RV-5, it does have a modulated setting, but it doesn't sound quite the same, but that's not a bad thing unless you have to have that particular sound. The spring in the RV-6 is better than the one I remember in the RV-5. All of the modes sound good really. And it has a delay + reverb setting as well. And even though I'm not fond of shimmery reverbs, this one sounds good with the tone knob rolled back. It's a very good, versatile reverb.

I have gotten into reverb a lot and also have this in the chain--the Caroline Meteore. You can get a wide range of reverbs on it, too. The havoc switch is a lot of fun:

[youtube][/youtube]
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Cheers, nice to here from someone that uses it before I part with my cash.
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Went to guitar guitar today tried out the rv6 and the supernatural and bought the supernatural the plate reverb alone was worth £90... very happy... no more TC tone beaming.
XY
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

dezb1 wrote:Went to guitar guitar today tried out the rv6 and the supernatural and bought the supernatural the plate reverb alone was worth £90... very happy... no more TC tone beaming.
It's probably the same plate thats on the RV7 which I like alot. I also really like the plate on the old Boss RV-2, but they're different beasts.