TeH Sweet Beats? like Thom York?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Mr Mustache

TeH Sweet Beats? like Thom York?

Post by Mr Mustache »

how does he do it? what does he use?

is frooty loops any good?

i just want something i can mess aroud with for fun.
Blazin420ChronicSkunk

Post by Blazin420ChronicSkunk »

Frooty loops is pretty fake sounding. Reason is a better program, but I think it's a bit harder to use. Definatly go Reason.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

Blazin420ChronicSkunk wrote:Frooty loops is pretty fake sounding. Reason is a better program, but I think it's a bit harder to use. Definatly go Reason.
thanks dude!

how much $ is Reason

and can it be obtained though by free downloading?
Blazin420ChronicSkunk

Post by Blazin420ChronicSkunk »

I don't know how much it is. I've just used both those programs through friends. You could definatly find Frooty Loops illegally somewhere, that's how my friend got that one. Reason was bought by another friend of mine, I think he paid a lot, like maybe $500, but I could be completely wrong about that. Maybe try to find someone who already has the cd, and just install it onto your computer.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

Blazin420ChronicSkunk wrote:I don't know how much it is. I've just used both those programs through friends. You could definatly find Frooty Loops illegally somewhere, that's how my friend got that one. Reason was bought by another friend of mine, I think he paid a lot, like maybe $500, but I could be completely wrong about that. Maybe try to find someone who already has the cd, and just install it onto your computer.
yeah i'll ask around i know some peps!

thanks alot man!
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

Reason is easy to find on bittorrent.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

thanks i'll get someone to download it for me ! :D
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I tried ot get free reason ofr like, ever, and i just bit the bullet and paid for it. best $200 i ever spent. Educational discount, yo.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Reason is also a piece of piss to use, if you cant use reason fairly well after a week, take up sewing, or maybe skiiing. this steez aint fo you homeslice.
Shabba.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

bob wrote:Reason is also a piece of piss to use, if you cant use reason fairly well after a week, take up sewing, or maybe skiiing. this steez aint fo you homeslice.
duude, for real. i know what you mean.

It's super powerfull, but I don't see it as something I would pickup if I were just trying to make crazy drum stuff. It's more of a softsynth program to me with an accessory drum machine thing on it. you know?

Sony's Acid is good for chopping up and looping stuff. Pretty easy to figure out, I chopped up a white supremacist song with CCR's green river in less than an hour on it. it was weird.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I disagree. COmpared to say, Cubase or lIve reason is a piece of cake. Compared to ReBirth, the precursor to reason, reason is a goddamn back massage.

Though the synths are awesome, the drum machine and REX loop player are phenomenal! You have to dig deep though, especially with the Loop player, but you can fuck shit up hard!
suede

Post by suede »

FL is so very easy to use and the newer versions sound very good and have a variety of drum kits to choose from and lots of other samples and synths... Reason sound excellent but like somebody said before it is extremely hard to use I have a midi controller for it and I still have problems assigning all the knobs and what not...
I'll see you in hell with the rest of the trash
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Usually all you have to do is right click on the button on the screen, and then select "assign" somehtign r other, and then wiggle the bknob you want to use... shitty explanation, i know, but its like 2nd nature to me, so i cant remember all the words and commands.