teh gayzorz

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

St. Jimmy wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:Let's make a list of female bassists!

I'll go first:

Melissa Auf der Maur
D'arcy from Smashing Pumpkins
The girl from Hole who died
The chick from A Perfect Circle and Zwan
Gore Gore Girls have had 3 female bassists
Kate Bush
The bassist from The Organ
KIM FUCKING DEAL
The Breeders have had at least one female bassist
The Cramps have had no less than 3 female bassists
Let's make a list of male bassists. I'll go first:

EVERY FUCKING OTHER BAND EVER.

So yeah, i'd say my point is totally valid. Dude, you're losing all over this board today. How's that feel?
You're mistaking the entire music industry to be the general consensus. Textbook error. Because bands slip under your radar does not mean they do not exist.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

ekwatts wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:Let's make a list of female bassists!

I'll go first:

Melissa Auf der Maur
D'arcy from Smashing Pumpkins
The girl from Hole who died
The chick from A Perfect Circle and Zwan
Gore Gore Girls have had 3 female bassists
Kate Bush
The bassist from The Organ
KIM FUCKING DEAL
The Breeders have had at least one female bassist
The Cramps have had no less than 3 female bassists
Let's make a list of male bassists. I'll go first:

EVERY FUCKING OTHER BAND EVER.

So yeah, i'd say my point is totally valid. Dude, you're losing all over this board today. How's that feel?
You're mistaking the entire music industry to be the general consensus. Textbook error. Because bands slip under your radar does not mean they do not exist.
i can guran-fucking-tee you that there are FAR more male bass players in bands than women. and don't get your libby cockles in a rankle mang. i'm not saying that chick bassists aren't talented and don't deserve respect. my only comment is that they are by far in the minority. for realz0rz.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

No, actually you said they were "uncommon" which isn't true at all.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

theshadowofseattle wrote:No, actually you said they were "uncommon" which isn't true at all.
NickD

Post by NickD »

ekwatts wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:No, actually you said they were "uncommon" which isn't true at all.
I wouldn't say uncommon is wrong.

For better or worse, the vast majority of musicians in popular music are male. That list would be a lot longer if it consisted of male bassists.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

NickD wrote:
ekwatts wrote:
I wouldn't say uncommon is wrong.

For better or worse, the vast majority of musicians in popular music are male. That list would be a lot longer if it consisted of male bassists.
thank you very much.

see ek and shadfag, when debating, it's good to know the definitions of words, before you use them...morons.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

what about she-male bass players?
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

More Cowbell wrote:what about she-male bass players?
that's just me.
NickD

Post by NickD »

More Cowbell wrote:what about she-male bass players?
I'd say rare would cover it.
luke

Post by luke »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bass_guitarists

Just go through that last. If you want, count the females and males and compare.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

so basically, there's a lot more male bassists than female, making male bassists common and females uncommon.

wow. i guess that would...oh...make ME right, wouldn't it?

SHAD AND EK:

SUCK A BIG FAT FUCKING EMO DICK!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Fuck me, you're one sad fucker. Next time me or shad bait you, I think we'll have to take a few seconds to consider your disposition; That of an attention-seeking child. I'd normally point to some major trauma in your childhood, say, to do with your parents. But Jason seems really quite together, so I'll have to assume that you're just a bit of a nob.

Toodle pip!
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

blablabla

hey, my real name's kim, and yeah, kim deal and kim gordon really have something to do with me picking up a bass .. i guess... but so did jessee keeler from Death from above or peter hook of Joy division...

besides, i'm also a guitarist/vocalist and play some synth stuff and whatnot (HEAVIUM duh, linky in my sig..that's 100% me..no one else involved ok)

but there's a stigma on female bass players, i'd be a hypocrite if i'd say it isn't so, or don't feel that way about it... i guess it is kind of a clich?... i sometimes feel like..when i 'm playing with a band as 'just the bassist' that people look down on me before we start our set, but afterwards i always get a lot of good responses so it's fine i guess..

but really, listen to some Toy Dolls, SY, Smashing Pumpkins, Prince (!) and other bands with talented female bassists, if you wouldn't know it's a woman playing bass you probably would not be able to tell either...sure it's kind of sexy when a good looking female can play real well, wether it's bass or guitar or piano, whatever, but if they're shit musicians they just don't make it, there's a lot of hypocrisy in the music scene but i really do believe that it's still the timbre/feel/motivation/skills/overall charisma, regardless of gender etcetc that make a musician a good musician ( you need all of that stuff in the right doses ), not their gender, age or looks (that Lucky Numbers bass player is a fucking ugly fat chick, seriously, but she can play ! haha)

my two cents...
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

ekwatts wrote:Fuck me, you're one sad fucker. Next time me or shad bait you, I think we'll have to take a few seconds to consider your disposition; That of an attention-seeking child. I'd normally point to some major trauma in your childhood, say, to do with your parents. But Jason seems really quite together, so I'll have to assume that you're just a bit of a nob.

Toodle pip!
=

I WON AND ERIK CAN'T ADMIT IT!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

St. Jimmy wrote:
ekwatts wrote:Fuck me, you're one sad fucker. Next time me or shad bait you, I think we'll have to take a few seconds to consider your disposition; That of an attention-seeking child. I'd normally point to some major trauma in your childhood, say, to do with your parents. But Jason seems really quite together, so I'll have to assume that you're just a bit of a nob.

Toodle pip!
=

I've allowed people to suck my dick. It doesn't mean they won.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

ekwatts wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:

Toodle pip!
=

=

ERIK STILL CAN'T ADMIT HE WAS TOTALLY FUCKING WRONG, AND ALL HIS ATTEMPTS TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE HE "MEANT TO DO THAT" JUST MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE EVEN BIGGER FUCKTARD!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

St. Jimmy wrote:
ekwatts wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote: =

=

ERIK STILL CAN'T ADMIT HE WAS TOTALLY FUCKING WRONG, AND ALL HIS ATTEMPTS TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE HE "MEANT TO DO THAT" JUST MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE EVEN BIGGER FUCKTARD!
Gosh. You're really desperate. And you're making yourself look worse.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

REST STOP

I'm playing in a Mew cover band for a Christmas blast next week, and we've a bassist named Inkyung from fellow company-band Monni. Hard to admit(I've been playing bass for 16 years), but the 26 year old girl comes really close to puting me to shame.

Image Image

Image Image
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

ARM SOCK ALERT!!