1970's Fender Mustang LEFTY - Pic Heavy

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

wetbelly

1970's Fender Mustang LEFTY - Pic Heavy

Post by wetbelly »

So back in October I came across a relatively cheap left handed project Mustang that I couldn't pass up. The seller said that it had some black overspray on the body, which was true, but failed to mention that it sustained some smoke damage from a house fire. He may have not legitimately known about this, but seeing as though my dad had a house fire about ten years back, I could tell right away. Anyway, I bought it with the intention of refinishing it anyway, and that only gave me more motivation. Seeing as though I'm a lefty and will most likely never have the opportunity to purchase the holy grail of lefty Mustangs- Comp blue or orange, I decided to give it a go. I had a hell of a time getting the tuners right on this thing, and the decal isn't perfect either, but I'm pretty happy with how the finish came out for a bunch of rattle cans. Even put the purple burst edging on there for kicks. Here she is:

gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Looks ace man. You must be very pleased.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Came out very nicely, total Nevermind vibez
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
NickS

Post by NickS »

Turned out nice!
Personal pronouns he/him
MattK

Post by MattK »

Man, if a pro refinisher did that job for me I'd be well pleased. Outstanding work.
wetbelly

Post by wetbelly »

Thanks guys!
Sidney Vicious

Post by Sidney Vicious »

Looks terrific - 8)
Doug

Post by Doug »

Whew, your colors are Killer. Woulda never come up with purple burst and blue...Prince-like hipness. The blues stripe...white woulda been aesthetically dis-integrating. And a lefty! You got a literally unique vintage Mustang.
Doug
wetbelly

Post by wetbelly »

Doug wrote:Whew, your colors are Killer. Woulda never come up with purple burst and blue...Prince-like hipness. The blues stripe...white woulda been aesthetically dis-integrating. And a lefty! You got a literally unique vintage Mustang.
Well, I am from Minnesota, so I guess it was inevitable, lol
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

looks great, but i can't believe you refinished it. that thing was fuckin sick
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.