Incoming Jim Root Jazzmaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

HNB

Incoming Jim Root Jazzmaster

Post by HNB »

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea because it is pretty off of a typical Jazzmaster, but I think I will dig it. Since I sold my Rickenbacker, I thought it would be a good one to try. If you follow my builds, it actually makes a lot of sense really. I did matte/satin black finish. American standard hard tail string trough bridge is one of my favorites. I like humbuckers in guitars. Now I haven't ever tried active ones like the EMG's this has, but the sound demos sound pretty good. The locking tuners should be nice. I might miss a tone knob, but honestly I don't really use it on any of the guitars I have. I think the Strat Plus neck plate shape might be nice and I love strap locks on my guitars. (I did order some black Dunlop ones since that is what I use.)

Traditional it is not. It wasn't meant to be. It was intended to be a more contemporary interpretation with some modern rock features. I got mine coming from Guitar Center in Oregon. I guess it is used, but in mint condition with all it's stuff. (Hard case, etc.) They told me on the phone that the guy who bought it is just kind of an offset collector and maybe played it twice. Looking forward to trying it out. Not sure how I will get along with the jumbo frets and compound radius, but it should be ok. Some of my guitars have 12 radius so it isn't too different.

HNB

Post by HNB »

Oh and I am a fan of Jim Root's work in SLIPKNOT MOTHER FUCKER and Stone Sour.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Congrats! My American deluxe Stratocaster has a compound neck radius and it is the easiest playing neck that I've ever played. You won't be disappointed. :D
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Dude, I dig it (and SLIPKNOT MOTHER FUCKER)
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

nice!
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i think these look pretty cool, would play one.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

needs a version with just bridge pickup and on/off toggle. also matching headstock
HNB

Post by HNB »

I would enjoy the white version with the maple fretboard he initially got from Fender.
HNB

Post by HNB »

It came in today. I am low on sleep so I will do pics and video demo later. I like it a lot. The pickups sound good. The neck has a nice shape and the frets are awesome. No buzzing even with low action. I am pretty impressed. :)
HNB

Post by HNB »

Audio demo of the Jazzy. (Via my cell phone so it isn't the best sample... and my playing also not the best. LOL)

[youtube][/youtube]
HNB

Post by HNB »

His clean demo is much better than mine.....

[youtube][/youtube]
BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

I'm sure this will offend you, but I got to say it.
You sure have a ton of great gear for a subpar player.
Not as bad as Robroe though, so you got that going for you.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I don't think one's technical ability has anything to do with the enjoyment one derives from playing the guitar or collecting gear.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Haven't heard that line of reasoning since someone who only played power chords got a Les Paul in middle school and my older brother's Pantera friends caught wind of it.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

lolz

Yeah, gear inspector posts are pretty lame.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

ZenJenga wrote:I'm sure this will offend you, but I got to say it.
You sure have a ton of great gear for a subpar player.
Not as bad as Robroe though, so you got that going for you.
What make / model of guitar should someone of his ability be playing? And how does the scale of ability vs quality of instrument work, is it just if your this far along the ability axis your this far up the quality axis or is there some sort of formula... amount of chord inversions you know multiplied by notes per second divided by hours on the instrument...
XY
paul_

Post by paul_ »

No talkbox?

Do u even feel like we do bro??
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

paul_ wrote:No talkbox?

Do u even feel like we do bro??

ahahahahahahahahahahhaha

OH SHIT!
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Not the first time I have had someone say I shouldn't own so many guitars because:

I am not in a band.

I am not a touring musician.

I play just as a hobby for fun.

I am not a very skilled player.

Etc.

People can think what they want about how I spend the money I earn, what I spend my free time doing, and what I do that makes me happy. I appreciate what I have and enjoy them. I do not really feel there should be purchasing limits and requirements for musical instruments. I feel like people should do what they enjoy. Some people are happy with just one guitar. Some are not. I don't judge either group because it isn't up to me what they do. While I don't play the best, many say I play like crap, I enjoy playing what I can and have fun modding and playing what I have.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Musically I share a common skill level, but I also share the fun of playing. Although I do not believe I am a great player.... :)