Jaguar-appropriate nut

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Jaguar-appropriate nut

Post by ekwatts »

What kinda nut fits a Jaguar?
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Depends which Jaguar it is but most are B-width which is 1 5/8" or 41ish mm. If it has a 7.25" radius the bottom (and top) of the nut has to have a matching curve, whereas modern/CP/Squier style nuts are flat on the bottom and 9.5" on top.

You should measure your guitar but bottom line is its either going to be a "41mm" (1 5/8") or "43mm" (1 11/16") Fender nut, vintage reissue if it's a AV/Japanese one o'thems and modern style if it's anything else.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

paul_ wrote:Depends which Jaguar it is but most are B-width which is 1 5/8" or 41ish mm. If it has a 7.25" radius the bottom (and top) of the nut has to have a matching curve, whereas modern/CP/Squier style nuts are flat on the bottom and 9.5" on top.

You should measure your guitar but bottom line is its either going to be a "41mm" (1 5/8") or "43mm" (1 11/16") Fender nut, vintage reissue if it's a AV/Japanese one o'thems and modern style if it's anything else.
Apparently DEEZ NUTS (but I'm sure you saw them coming from a mile away)
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Japanese, Made in Japan I believe, rather than Crafted, if that makes a difference. It might even be the other way round because I'm sat in work and don't pay attention to this shiiiiiiiiit.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Shouldn't make a difference. If it's a 62RI it'll take the curved bottom 1 5/8" nut... I don't know about the HH's necks, they're probably modern.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"