NGD (incoming)

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

NGD (incoming)

Post by dezb1 »

Framus 5-120 Billy Lorento:

XY
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Oooooohhhhhhh!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I love that a bit. It's very, very stylish. Really nicely styled, every bit of it has been paid attention to and done just right.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Get some nice cream machineheads on that mutha and we're tawwwwwkin

Lovely!
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Hubba hubba!
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Sick!
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

mike stone would jizz all over that thing
dots wrote:incesticide
HNB

Post by HNB »

Lovely! The only thing I would want different is the strings to pass over the bridge more straight. I would be worried about the strings popping out of the wood grooves because of how steep they angle in past the bridge. Love the color. :D
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

robroe wrote:mike stone would jizz all over that thing
AWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Just found out Billy Lorento was pickup guru Bill Lawrence...
XY
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Cool. I did not know that.

http://www.framus-vintage.de/modules/in ... katID=4610
Behind the Italo-American pseudonym Billy Lorento hides Willi Lorenz Stich, born on March 24th 1931 in Wahn-Heide, a couple of kilometers south of Cologne, Germany. Stich, who in his early artist years used names like Bela Lorentowsky to give himself an East European touch, was one of the most famous jazz soloists in Germany in the fifties. That wasn’t his only talent; he had enough electronics knowledge to design different kinds of pickups and circuits.

Billy Lorento started working with Framus in 1953: in the following years this collaboration resulted in diverse signature models, from the exotic solid wood Thinline to the low budget solid body models. Model 5/120, which was manufactured in the beginning, is now one of the most sought-after collectibles. This thinline electric guitar is not only a valuable, high quality, technically mature handmade instrument with beautiful optical characteristics, it was also the very first Framus signature model. Framus always kept Billy Lorento models in their catalog till the seventies, and the latest one being the semi-acoustic electric guitar 07301, which was played by Volker Kriegel, among others.

Lorento, who was also a member of the Framus String Band, moved later to the United States. He first worked with Gibson®, then with Dan Armstrong, apparently also modified a Strat® for Jimi Hendrix - and eventually became independent. And this time under another name: Bill Lawrence! Behind the Italo-American pseudonym Billy Lorento hides Willi Lorenz Stich, born on March 24th 1931 in Wahn-Heide, a couple of kilometers south of Cologne, Germany. Stich, who in his early artist years used names like Bela Lorentowsky to give himself an East European touch, was one of the most famous jazz soloists in Germany in the fifties. That wasn’t his only talent; he had enough electronics knowledge to design different kinds of pickups and circuits.

Billy Lorento started working with Framus in 1953: in the following years this collaboration resulted in diverse signature models, from the exotic solid wood Thinline to the low budget solid body models. Model 5/120, which was manufactured in the beginning, is now one of the most sought-after collectibles. This thinline electric guitar is not only a valuable, high quality, technically mature handmade instrument with beautiful optical characteristics, it was also the very first Framus signature model. Framus always kept Billy Lorento models in their catalog till the seventies, and the latest one being the semi-acoustic electric guitar 07301, which was played by Volker Kriegel, among others.

Lorento, who was also a member of the Framus String Band, moved later to the United States. He first worked with Gibson®, then with Dan Armstrong, apparently also modified a Strat® for Jimi Hendrix - and eventually became independent. And this time under another name: Bill Lawrence!
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

that's classy as hell.. not familiar with that bridge but looks rad!
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
George

Post by George »

that is some top shelf design. love those glitter inlays
lorez

Post by lorez »

That looks tasty & interesting
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Congrats! Love those BIG FAT BLOCKS!
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Well it arrived and it's fucked... the neck pretty much isn't attached to the body you can see light through the cracking

XY
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

ouch
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

That sucks man. I'd be so pissed.
That's a beautiful guitar.
I had no idea Billy Lorento was Bill Lawrence. I also had no idea Bill Lawrence had so many aliases.

What can be done? Was it wrecked in shipping or was the seller hiding it?
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Fuck's sakes.

Is it new from a shop? Will be easier to do the whole take it back and get to fuck routine.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Did it come from Thomann? I'm sure I've read that they're pretty good at this stuff.