Help from MIDI geeks

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

riotshield

Help from MIDI geeks

Post by riotshield »

I am looking at a way to somehow send MIDI signals for different chords to Prophet08 (or any synth) by pressing only one button on some device.

For example, is there an iPhone (iOS) app that can store MIDI chords on pads or keyboard? Possibly that can be done in more complex software but I would like to avoid using a laptop for this, rather looking at something minimal space-wise such as iPhone or iPad.

Will shortscale save the day once more?
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

I found the solution using an iPad app called Navichord http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/ ... available/

I have assigned my custom chords to the pads of Navichord and am able to trigger the chords that play through the Prophet08 using a usb midi interface
NickS

Post by NickS »

Cool. Does the USB plug into the iPad then (I know nothing about iPad)?
Personal pronouns he/him
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

Yes, you can connect any usb midi interface to the iPad using the camera connection kit (just a small adapter)
NickS

Post by NickS »

Hmm, I found an article that says Android 4 with an OTG cable supports USB MIDI. Trying to get my Archos Titanium tablet (4.1) to use OTG has been unsatisfying, but the article says specifically that the Samsung Galaxy Tab (my wife's tablet) does so.
Personal pronouns he/him