Artec Wide Range style pickups

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

johnnyseven

Artec Wide Range style pickups

Post by johnnyseven »

Does anyone have any experience of these, or Artec pickups in general? I'm thinking of putting one in the neck of a tele 69 thinline i'm putting together for a kind of tele custom look. I don't really use a neck pickup but it would be good if it at least sounded ok, it doesn't really even need to sound like a genuine wide ranger.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I've had good experiences with Artec pickups, in particular the ones in Ibanez guitars and that Gretsch Filtertron copy, which sounds nothing like the real thing, but does sound good.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
George

Post by George »

if they're anything like the gfs ones then they're normal humbucker construction (bar magnet, non-magnetised rods) that just look the part
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

I think you're right there. Just wanted to know if hey sounded any good as i'm going for what they look like rather than the sound as I rarely use the neck pickup anyway, but if I do use it it would be good if it sounded at least half decent. If I didn't put one of these in i'd probably go for a regular humbucker anyway, so it's no biggie if these are just a regular humbucker - I just like the look of the 3 a side poles.
George

Post by George »

fair enough. the look is pretty great, and if you wanted the legit wrhb construction you'd need to pay significantly more
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I think Fran put them in a vintage Deluxe Telecaster and said they were better than the originals.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Artecs are what GFS sells under its brand, from what I know. They are made in Korea and if you are buying them on ebay from a Chinese seller who sells everything from scissors to power tools, they are most likely fake Artecs
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

^I don't think so, they are super cheap, here are some:
http://www.chguitars.co.uk/pickups.html
GFS are super expensive versions compared to regular Artec. If you get them straight from China they might be regularly priced, or they might be overpriced. For example, I've seen Harley Benton guitars for $300 on dhgate, their reasoning to is price anything 4 to 6 times Chinese prices for foreigners. I've also seen Joyo pedals for $200 or something like that.

Also, it's only a Korean company, they are made in China.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

There are too many words in my post, so
► Show Spoiler
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.