Dwarfcraft installation at Eaux Claires festival

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

aen
Turdscreamer

Dwarfcraft installation at Eaux Claires festival

Post by aen »

Heyo!
So if you follow us on twitter or instagram (@dwarfcraft, @Aens_wife) You may have heard about our upcoming installation at the Eaux Claires festival. If not HERE'S YOUR CHANCE!

I'll keep updating with pictures and stuff, but the synopsis is: 3 manual synthesizer towers to be played by anybody who cares to droning away all day and night. Each tower is across from a mesh screen which will be projected upon. The videos will be a collection of clips from my previous music video work, new footage, and local filmmaker Jesse Johnson.

ON TO THE SYNTHS
Number 1: 3 square wave oscillators mixed into a modified Happiness filter/LFO combo, followed by a modified minivan echo.

Number 2: One squarewave oscillator with shape (starve) control is split into three channels - dry, wizard of pitch 1, and wizard of pitch 2. These are also hard wired to the "cross fading" setting. These signals are then mixed into the modified happiness (minus LFO) and into a modded minivan echo.

Number 3: One master oscillator, divided by 1 (same) 2 (-1 octave) and 4 (-2 octaves) mixed into modified Happiness and then Minivan!

So it's all pretty simple stuff, the idea being that the ever changing group will create new textures and feels all day, and the minimalist sounds of each individual tower combine to make one unholy ocean of electric dream.

Here is one of the clever ways I have positioned the projector!

Here they are assembled in a DRAMATIC photograph

And here is out new pal Ben Holmen who built the cabinets, and the screens.
We're doing a partial install and test run this evening! I'll be sure to grab some shots. This all goes down on Friday and Saturday, which usually means I'm a fucking mess, but things are on track and I'm feeling GOOD.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

rad
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

This is cool as frig.

It's incredible to have been on shortscale to witness the continuing development of the concepts of both Dwarfcraft and Tower of Mono.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Looks cool we need video of them in use by Joe public to see what noise they make...
XY
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

HEYO!
Thanks dudes, I was working on the install last night, and we got as far as proving our visual theories:

And built a lot of the wood stuff. Headed back out this morning to get the towers and screens leveled, then tomorrow night is the full test! There's been a pretty decent amount of footage shot even during construction. you better believe I'll get action video!
George

Post by George »

looks awesome!
lorez

Post by lorez »

Think I just did a sex wee
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i want to quit my job and do this
dots wrote:incesticide
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Looks amazing, top to bottom.
Chorlton

Post by Chorlton »

mate
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

WE DID IT!
I got some audio and video, I'm hoping to get it put together soon, but I'm on the road for like 2 weeks... we'll seee!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i sent this to my friend matt who used to be the head curator at the Corning Museum of Glass, and now works in RI or MASS, doing ART STUFFS
dots wrote:incesticide
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

aen wrote:HEYO!
Thanks dudes, I was working on the install last night, and we got as far as proving our visual theories:

And built a lot of the wood stuff. Headed back out this morning to get the towers and screens leveled, then tomorrow night is the full test! There's been a pretty decent amount of footage shot even during construction. you better believe I'll get action video!
Sorry to dig up an old thread, I'm just trying to catch up on whats been going on here.
So wait aen, you work with or for dwarfcraft?! That's so awesome dude. I wish I was apart of something like them. Awesome man, I hope you're having fun.
Bertram Rose
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

aen IS dwarfcraft.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Well, I started it, anyway. These days I'm "creative director." My wife and I and another local fella did this installation.
I'm still trying to get to that video. There's like 20 minutes of blazing time lapse footage of setup and then operation.
BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

Just catching this thread now. Great work as usual Aen!
I really like the graphics on those synths.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen