Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

ehx MEL9

Post by robroe »

turns your gutiar into a melotron.

this guy went and fucking made CRAZY DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS MUSIC WITH IT

[youtube][/youtube]

its basicly like im fuckin walking thru Skyrim right now ready to battle a fucking Orc is what this is.

1 track. no computer bullshit.

fuck me. i need this thing so bad.

[youtube][/youtube]
dots wrote:incesticide
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

when it was first announced there was a video of a guy playing 'in the court of the crimson king' through it that was pretty cool. what intrigues me is less making a guitar sound like a mellotron, but making a keyboard sound like one (which, apparently, it'll do). hardware mellotron clones cost a bomb and software schmoftware

edit: SERVES ME RIGHT FOR NOT WATCHING THE SECOND VIDEO, THE ONE WHERE THE GUY PLAYS THE KING CRIMSON SONG
lorez

Post by lorez »

I do like this a lot
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I nearly pulled the trigger on one of these, but figured a MIDI pickup and interface would be saner and more useful to me in the long run. Plus the choir (my favourite Mellotron sound) isn't quuuuuite right.

The pedal's still supercool though and not silly-expensive either.

[youtube][/youtube]
The cutaway at 1:00 is making me lose my shit

edit: you were just as pumped nearly a year ago, Rob http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtop ... ir#1292933
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I bought one convinced it would be the greatest thing ever, and I was 100% correct.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

do an demoz

can you make it sound like EPIC RPG MUSIC ?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

CAN YOU PLAY HOME SWEET HOME ON IT ?
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I will do the best epic RPG music I can after consulting long-distance with a kid I went to high school with called Tom who's probably jacking off right now but eventually will tell me exactly what to play.

If there's anything else someone particularly wanted to hear this thing do fire away.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Watched that first vid, seems like should put Game of Thrones-ish theme under Floppy Weiners.