Ableton groovepack- Radiohead songs

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Ableton groovepack- Radiohead songs

Post by lorez »

http://patches.zone/radiohead-groove-pack-ableton-live
groove pack
radiohead are known for balancing accessibility with experimental techniques, most notably interesting rhythms & unusual time signatures. in fact, rhythm is so important to their music they often utilize two drummers. you need only watch the excellent live from the basement sessions to know how tightly this band plays.

for this pack I extracted grooves from every song of every radiohead studio album & consolidated them into a collection of .agr files you can apply to any track in ableton live. to be clear, this pack won't make you sound like radiohead. it will, however, allow you to humanize, swing, & otherwise alter the timing of your tracks based on the songs of one of the best bands of modern times. what's more, the various overlapping time signatures of these songs can serve to apply a polyrhythmic feel to your tracks' rhythms & velocities.

if you want to learn about the basics of using grooves in live, check out the brief overview at the bottom of this page. then download the pack & try radiohead's grooves for yourself!

about groove in ableton live
if you haven't used ableton's grooves system, it's a convenient tool with a startling range of subtle & dramatic transformative power. they're extremely flexible as you can select & apply groove on a clip-by-clip basis. the best way to add a groove is by clicking the hot-swap icon to the left of clip view. this will automatically send the browser to the groove folder of the core library where you'll find useful stock .agr files, like standard swing & mac grooves. once the hot swap is open, however, you can navigate anywhere in your browser & select an .agr you have stored elsewhere, such as one of the songs in the radiohead pack.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
dylanafghjkl

Post by dylanafghjkl »

not entirely sure what a groovepack is. is it some kinda humanising thing for midi drums? the description makes it sound like its more than that but the little gif that's meant to explain it just looks like velocity and timing variations
lorez

Post by lorez »

Yes it's a feature in ableton where you can add grooves from other drummers to make it have a more natural swing.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
dylanafghjkl

Post by dylanafghjkl »

lorez wrote:Yes it's a feature in ableton where you can add grooves from other drummers to make it have a more natural swing.
That actually sounds super interesting ill have to look into it