looking for some amp advice...

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

chrismakesgod

looking for some amp advice...

Post by chrismakesgod »

So, recently my amp gave up completely. It's had a tough 13 years, but isn't really worth repairing as it's just an amp for at home.

What I'm looking for is a little solid state combo for around the £100 mark. I've heard great things about the Vox pathfinder, but never managed to get my hands on one to try. I'll have to buy online as I won't have time to make the trip to Glasgow to mess around with a few.

What can you recommend? It doesn't have to have any bells and whistles at all, as long as it has a volume and an input.
George

Post by George »

LOTS of bells and whistles and digital modelling, not solid state, but the Fender Mustang amps have awesome sounds. Not great with drive pedals on account of the digitaliness, though.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Fender Frontman 10g or 15g solid state amps. Nothing special but are very well built small amps for the money. Also check Peavey Bandits. They are good solid state amps and take pedals well, modeling amps usually don't
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
chrismakesgod

Post by chrismakesgod »

Ideally, I'd like something that can take pedals incase I bring my board home from practice. What are folks experiences with orange crush amps?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

The Fender Mustangs our school bought have been awful. They've all broken within a year and a half or so (granted, they have a very hard life).

The Roland Cubes that were bought years ago are still going strong. I think the Cube is the best at this. Particularly if you look second hand.