Squier Bullet Mustang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

honeyiscool wrote:
Mattsican wrote:I got the electronics all squared away in mine. I couldn't do the push/pull tone pot though because the cavity wasn't deep enough for it. I still got some time to wait on the guard though so it's still the white one. Put some different knobs on it as well.
CTS Push/Pull pots are usually about a fair bit shorter than most other Push/Pull pots.

http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Elec ... _DPDT.html

These would probably fit, just that soldering to them terminals is mildly annoying.

(I also found it weird that CTS pots fit the control plates just fine. Must import Mustangs need a quick date with a 3/8" drill bit first.)
Nice. I'll have to check those out.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

So I have a Squier Jaguar special laying around that I've been leeching parts from over the last year and decided to snag the neck and swap it out on the Mustang. It was a tight fit, I had to lightly sand the neck pocket to get it to fit. I also swapped the saddles with some that i found on eBay for $8. The whole bridge was $8, I just snagged the saddles from it though.

I got it all lut together and I'm impressed. Tuning is rock solid. Sounds great with the PRS pickups. Super stoked.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

so nice. the knobs are great too

they look like the knobs i bought for my Wilshires'
dots wrote:incesticide
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

Mattsican wrote:So I have a Squier Jaguar special laying around that I've been leeching parts from over the last year and decided to snag the neck and swap it out on the Mustang. It was a tight fit, I had to lightly sand the neck pocket to get it to fit. I also swapped the saddles with some that i found on eBay for $8. The whole bridge was $8, I just snagged the saddles from it though.

I got it all lut together and I'm impressed. Tuning is rock solid. Sounds great with the PRS pickups. Super stoked.
Nice guitar but... what's that cab?
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

It's nice but I got distracted by the Boss Super Phaser.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

honeyiscool wrote:
Mattsican wrote:So I have a Squier Jaguar special laying around that I've been leeching parts from over the last year and decided to snag the neck and swap it out on the Mustang. It was a tight fit, I had to lightly sand the neck pocket to get it to fit. I also swapped the saddles with some that i found on eBay for $8. The whole bridge was $8, I just snagged the saddles from it though.

It's just an old Marshall JCM 900 1960a 4x12.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
PV-1955

Post by PV-1955 »

That turned out great! Looks like it could be straight out of Fender's Black Top line. Nice job.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

honeyiscool wrote:

You have a lot of green pedals is colour a major factor in your purchases?
XY
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

dezb1 wrote: You have a lot of green pedals is colour a major factor in your purchases?
No, it's actually pure coincidence. I never even thought a out it till you mentioned it actually but I guess ur right.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Oceantones
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

PV-1955 wrote:This is my first post here.

FWIW, these have turned out to be a fun, affordable modding platform. They actually play quite well right out of the box.

They are 24" scale (the Fender website finally corrected the 24.75" they had listed)

It has a Basswood body with Maple/Rosewood neck/fretboard and a 12" radius

Toploader hardtail bridge.

Swimming pool route makes it easy to install any pickups you want

Here's mine with a new pg, new tuners and a bit of Kiwi. I have another tortie pg with single coils I'll be putting on with the next string change.

I've been looking at this pic since you posted it is need one like this...
XY
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Do eeeeeeet

I want a black one. With just a single humbucker and a black pickguard.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Mad-Mike

Post by Mad-Mike »

I'm now thinking this in metallic blue would be the perfect platform to make a backup to my #1 (Jag-Stang) - just buy one of these, a Mustang KC pickguard, slap in a EMG 81 and SA (used of course - so they are under $100 total), Pi2, and then rout and put on a Mustang Vibrato and Shazam - good backup *Stang.
It's Me
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

[youtube][/youtube]

My really shit video review, I'm going to do a more proper one tomorrow. Literally just got out of the box about 5 mins before this video was made.
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

I have to say I love the colour in person and I'm not really a blue guitar guy.
cooter

Post by cooter »

Update: Got the guitar in today. I see what all the fuss is about now. This is the first "Mustang" I seem to get along with.
I actually love the thinner body. Kinda gives it a little bit of a Harmony Bobkat / Teisco Tulip vibe.
The bridge pickup sounds great. Not much of a fan of the neck humbucker so I'll probably play around with that.
Love the neck shape and the maple on this one has tons of flame. I plan on stripping the neck and doing a vintage tint / tru oil refinish.
The black magic marker Squier decal doesn't do it justice so I want to get a nice gold with black outline Squier decal to replace it when I refinish.
It's a lot of bang for the buck. :D

Smells like Rock n' Roll
HNB

Post by HNB »

~(bravo) Sexy flame! Congrats.
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

Wow. Never seen that on a cheap Squier, much less the majority of Fender models. How the hell did they let that one slide? Looking forward to seeing it tinted anyway.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

i swear, a good neck is like 65% of a guitar... maybe 75%.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

STOP POSTING ABOUT THESE I'M TRYING TO RESIST BUYING ONE!!!
XY