Ultimate Kurt collector

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Darth Stang

Ultimate Kurt collector

Post by Darth Stang »

[youtube][/youtube]

Is this guy on the forum . Have a look at that tasty hi flier custom

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

Tone to the bonez
HNB

Post by HNB »

So is he just using the Boogie for the EQ? It didn't look like there was much else going on there.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

You can just see in the final video that he's plugged the Boogie into the Fender's power amp/speakers only, which is a provision on Frontman amps. Since a rack power amp and 4x12 would be overkill in his situation it's close enough to Kurt's set-up (which he didn't use much in the studio anyway, mostly on distorted Nevermind tracks I think).

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

I think it's great, at lot of effort in that setup. amazing the influence kurt had long term
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

never seen such a giant frontman amp. i thought they were little practice amps
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

that amp in the first video is a 1x15
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

I wish he could at least tune his guitar a little better. I like this one, pretty rad.
LANK
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

I always saw Nirvana and The Kurtz as either short-lived or medium lived phase for novice young guitar players who liked the 90's grunge scene. Then usually they evolve once the get better and got more into the Smashing Pumpkins/Bill Corgan phase which like the kurtz lasts for a period of time. With these two being the primary beginning guitar player phase line up.
Usually, as you age and get better you move on, because power chords and simple rhythms become boring.
At least in my case, I look back now and kinda giggle at how obsessive I was during those periods. Funny thing about it now is I can't remember a damn thing about what pick ups, amps and some of the pedals they used, well except for Kurtz since his pedals were so simple. I don't listen to them often at all anymore maybe once in a blue moon but I still this hero like respect for inspiring me to learn how to play.

But holy fuck, this guy is on a whole other level. This guy may be Kurtz for life. I wanna see him go through a Billy Corgan phase next. Now that would be interesting :lol: , just as long as it doesn't involve his recent stuff.

I didn't even know they made a Kurt Cobain Jaguar, man I've been away for too long.
Bertram Rose
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

Nobody even wants to see bill corgan go through his billy corgan phase. The poor guy is fat and irrelevant now, but he is addicted to the famewhoring, so will do anything for attention. The irony is that the very thing he he railing against, being a sellout, leaning on the old hits, if he had just 10 or 15 years ago just done the smashing pumpkins greatest hits tour properly he'd be ok now. Instead it's like watching a crazy old uncle talk about how he used to be the cool kid back in high school and you look at the photos and go noooooo waaayyyyyyy
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Billy is set dude. hes going to get millions for a lawsuit against TNA wrestling. they hired him for like 3 days, handed him a contract, and then were like naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh
Doog
mid-century modem

Re: Ultimate Kurt collector

Post by Doog »

Darth Stang wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Had this on in the background, when he said 'New Jersey' in the beginning, I thought he was quoting the start of Vamos for a sec:

[youtube][/youtube]
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

[youtube][/youtube]

although once you put on a flannel and the feederez sticker, i think you have crossed over to another place.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Darth Stang wrote:Nobody even wants to see bill corgan go through his billy corgan phase. The poor guy is fat and irrelevant now, but he is addicted to the famewhoring, so will do anything for attention. The irony is that the very thing he he railing against, being a sellout, leaning on the old hits, if he had just 10 or 15 years ago just done the smashing pumpkins greatest hits tour properly he'd be ok now. Instead it's like watching a crazy old uncle talk about how he used to be the cool kid back in high school and you look at the photos and go noooooo waaayyyyyyy
:lol: I didn't even think about modern day Billy since I've tried to filter that shit out of my head. Anytime I see him or hear him it is exactly as you said crazy old unlce talk. While he also tries to dress hipsterish with his protruding beer belly sticking out, usually fashioning a scarf to cover his neck fat probably.

Speaking of him, I just googled his name to see what would pop up and this fucking shit is the headline article with three others covering the exact same story.
The comment section was the only entertaining part.
Here's Crazy old Billy telling us how contemplated suicide because his band wasn't as successful as two others.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/billy- ... d-nirvana/
► Show Spoiler
Bertram Rose
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Im glad i grew up.

Nice guitars by the way. How does he afford it?
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

It's not that expensive to get the kurtz nowadays. I think the mesa boogie is about 5 hundry. The jagstangs less than a grand. I think my polychorus back in 1999 cost about 2 grand. I remember my small clone was about 8 hundry. This was the peak of the Kurtz I think, just before ehx reissued them. There was analog man selling them for about 500 back in the day for a clone clone.
BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

I can play complicated Gypsy Jazz shit like there's no tomorrow and I still find it very fun to jam on Nirvana tracks.
It's damn good music and the riffs are fun to play. It's not all just power chords and noise.
Since there's really only 3 or 4 albums worth of music I do tend to only come back to Nirvana every now and then because I've played and heard every single song so many times that I need to leave it for months, sometimes years. I always come back to it though.
I was born in 1981, so Kurt basically started my music life. I was 10 when I first heard Bleach and it blew (lol) my mind.
I'll never grow out of Nirvana.
I don't have any of his gear, but he did start my offset obsession. I do eventually want the Cobain Jaguar. Wish they weren't MIM though... lol
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen