Youtube Channel

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Gabriel

Youtube Channel

Post by Gabriel »

I decided I should probably stop clogging up the Diary thread with my youtube videos and just make a thread where I can upload them as I go.

Here's my most recent video. Unfortunately it's only one camera angle as I ran out of memory on my other camera midway through the gig.

So enjoy nearly 17 minutes of a close up on meeee

[youtube][/youtube]

By the way this is the title track from my first album The Dawning... (spotify lank)

If you want to check out my other videos my channel is:

www.youtube.com/gabrielwareing
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Beautiful, great music for a Friday night.
Was it convinient to read notes from the page lying on the floor in the begining? :D

I'll check your channel and the album
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Thank you!

Haha it was less than ideal. The look of panic on my face when the music falls off the stand at 1:14 says it all. This is why you should learn the music before playing it on a gig...
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Impressive stuff! Interesting that you follow a score for something you've written yourself, I haven't ever had to do that, but for me it tends to be a case of learning as I write through muscle memory. That isn't intended as a drag on you, I just hadn't really considered this as a necessity for some guitarists, and to be honest I also need to acknowledge that the music I write tends to be much less technically driven so I barely even have to tab things out. Do you write with your guitar in front of you or do you literally sit with a pen and paper and write the score "in your head" as it were?
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Gabriel wrote:Thank you!

Haha it was less than ideal. The look of panic on my face when the music falls off the stand at 1:14 says it all. This is why you should learn the music before playing it on a gig...
It was actually very rock'n'roll the way you took the next page and threw it on the floor :wink:
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Freddy V-C wrote:Impressive stuff! Interesting that you follow a score for something you've written yourself, I haven't ever had to do that, but for me it tends to be a case of learning as I write through muscle memory. That isn't intended as a drag on you, I just hadn't really considered this as a necessity for some guitarists, and to be honest I also need to acknowledge that the music I write tends to be much less technically driven so I barely even have to tab things out. Do you write with your guitar in front of you or do you literally sit with a pen and paper and write the score "in your head" as it were?
I prefer not to read music on a gig generally. We did this one without rehearsing though, so we were all sight reading the music. Generally I'll write with the guitar, but not in the way I'll be playing the tune, more I just write the piece of music in sibelius and use the guitar to figure out if its playable as I go along.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

[youtube][/youtube]

Cheesy backing track time