NGD duo sonic` (BIPOLAR POST)

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

George wrote:I dig the look but yeah, I'm not impressed at all with Mexican Fenders, least not for the money they charge. Squier Classic Vibes are a much better guitar especially considering price.

When you get into the guts I'd be interested to see the routing, wiring and shielding they've done. Probably ceramic pickups too.
Hate to disappoint you. They're Alnico.

p.s. OP, it's unfortunate that this happened. This never should have made it out the door like that, and other MIM Fenders I've seen don't go out like that. The QC person was probably drunk that day. But if it's working otherwise, this would be a good way to get a free setup and maybe a brand new switch out of the deal. If you can swing it, try to see if they'll upgrade you to some Switchcraft jack and switch.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

The problem originates from bad QC at the factory, but I'd expect the store to pick up on things like that and either fix them or send it back. I would've thought that a *good* place who actually care about what they have on sale would give every guitar that comes through their door a quick look before hanging it up for customers to see. Maybe not sit around and play with it long enough to notice issues with the electrics, but glaring faults like badly-fitting screws and the intonation being not done are pretty bad customer service.

It's good that they're putting these things right at no extra cost - it's a sweet guitar btw, from the photos at least - but tbh it's sort-of their job to do that sort of thing in the first place, right?
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Concretebadger wrote:I would've thought that a *good* place who actually care about what they have on sale would give every guitar that comes through their door a quick look before hanging it up for customers to see.
Those stools aren't going to police themselves buddy!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

THAT tele is hot as fuck

as far as the duo sonic goes, the neck on the thing is the one thing i DONT like. everything else on the ones i have played "army green mustang too" have been fine in shops. its just the neck doesn't have 30 pounds of gloss on it like i need it too
dots wrote:incesticide
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

Concretebadger wrote:The problem originates from bad QC at the factory, but I'd expect the store to pick up on things like that and either fix them or send it back. I would've thought that a *good* place who actually care about what they have on sale would give every guitar that comes through their door a quick look before hanging it up for customers to see. Maybe not sit around and play with it long enough to notice issues with the electrics, but glaring faults like badly-fitting screws and the intonation being not done are pretty bad customer service.

It's good that they're putting these things right at no extra cost - it's a sweet guitar btw, from the photos at least - but tbh it's sort-of their job to do that sort of thing in the first place, right?
I think drop shipping is pretty standard for most stores when guitars aren't in stock retail. Sweetwater's practice of checking every guitar that comes through is the exception, not the norm.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

robroe wrote:THAT tele is hot as fuck

as far as the duo sonic goes, the neck on the thing is the one thing i DONT like. everything else on the ones i have played "army green mustang too" have been fine in shops. its just the neck doesn't have 30 pounds of gloss on it like i need it too

thx its my favorite guitar for rocking out i fixed all the shit that i dislike about teles on that one
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

honeyiscool wrote:
George wrote:I dig the look but yeah, I'm not impressed at all with Mexican Fenders, least not for the money they charge. Squier Classic Vibes are a much better guitar especially considering price.

When you get into the guts I'd be interested to see the routing, wiring and shielding they've done. Probably ceramic pickups too.
Hate to disappoint you. They're Alnico.

p.s. OP, it's unfortunate that this happened. This never should have made it out the door like that, and other MIM Fenders I've seen don't go out like that. The QC person was probably drunk that day. But if it's working otherwise, this would be a good way to get a free setup and maybe a brand new switch out of the deal. If you can swing it, try to see if they'll upgrade you to some Switchcraft jack and switch.
yep! I got a free setup and a new saddle from GC and they fixed the wiring for the switch i guess it was a dodgy soldering job

the pups are indeed fantastic and this will probably become my main guitar for single coil business
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
NickS

Post by NickS »

brainfur wrote: I got a free setup and a new saddle from GC
A new saddle? Didn't see anything about a saddle problem with the guitar so I'm going to assume it's for your horse. Are they a bunch of cowboys?
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

NickS wrote:
brainfur wrote: I got a free setup and a new saddle from GC
A new saddle? Didn't see anything about a saddle problem with the guitar so I'm going to assume it's for your horse. Are they a bunch of cowboys?
oh i didn't even mention that-- the low E saddle had a screw that was twice as long as it should be and would gouge my hand while playing lol

when the tech tried to remove it, it broke off, so he just replaced the saddle with a strat one

there were SO many little things wrong with that guitar but it perfect now thanks to my local GC setup tech
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

wow, whoever QC'd that day sucked baws.

glad you got it sorted.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

dots wrote:wow, whoever QC'd that day sucked baws.

glad you got it sorted.
yeah if it was one thing i would not have posted about it but it was like 5 small things that all could have been fixed really easily