Sisters song

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Sisters song

Post by dezb1 »

This has nowt to do with me it's my wifes wee sisters latest song and go at producing her own music and I like it so much I thought I'd post a link to it everywhere I go:

http://m.soundcloud.com/erinateleven/night-is-near
XY
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Nice soundz. Kept thinking the drums were going to come in though, but I do like a stripped back song. You playing any of the guitar?
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

gusman2x wrote:Nice soundz. Kept thinking the drums were going to come in though, but I do like a stripped back song. You playing any of the guitar?

Nope, nowt to do with me. she's been writing and performing acoustically for years but this is her first attempt at recording she got herself a black epiphone Les Paul and a copy of Bitwig.

Rest of the stuff on her page is either her and a looper pedal or just phone recordings
XY
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Nice stuff, endless viiiiiibes. Really feels like the sort of track that'd benefit in gradually layering stuff to make it more and more monolithic, in a pleasing melodic but droney way
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Doog wrote:Nice stuff, endless viiiiiibes. Really feels like the sort of track that'd benefit in gradually layering stuff to make it more and more monolithic, in a pleasing melodic but droney way
Agreed.
And here's the snobby shitty bit, from someone who's not mormally snobby and shitty about such things - she'd do well to invest in better electric gear. Like it sounds fine, but, particularly in the beginning, you can hear that the guitar's not quite up to snuff. That all said, it's definitely better than any of the shit I've uploaded to Soundcloud :P
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Like I said her first "produced" tune and all just mic, guitar and bitwig. My first attempts were nowhere near as good... I agree with the build up suggestion.
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Ankhanu wrote:
Doog wrote:Nice stuff, endless viiiiiibes. Really feels like the sort of track that'd benefit in gradually layering stuff to make it more and more monolithic, in a pleasing melodic but droney way
Agreed.
And here's the snobby shitty bit, from someone who's not mormally snobby and shitty about such things - she'd do well to invest in better electric gear. Like it sounds fine, but, particularly in the beginning, you can hear that the guitar's not quite up to snuff. That all said, it's definitely better than any of the shit I've uploaded to Soundcloud :P
She's been primarily an acoustic player think she went for the epiphone because of the XX.
XY
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Ankhanu wrote: And here's the snobby shitty bit, from someone who's not mormally snobby and shitty about such things - she'd do well to invest in better electric gear. Like it sounds fine, but, particularly in the beginning, you can hear that the guitar's not quite up to snuff.
Disagree strongly; it's just down to experience.

I've heard people sound god awful on USA Gibsons and Marshall stacks, due to their lacking technique and familiarity with dialling-in equipment to sound 'good', and I've heard people sound incredible on cheapo guitars going into random old solidstate amps, due to their decent technique and their familiarity with dialling-in equipment.

This sounds just fine; she's playing within her limits and sounds solid.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Doog wrote:
Ankhanu wrote: And here's the snobby shitty bit, from someone who's not mormally snobby and shitty about such things - she'd do well to invest in better electric gear. Like it sounds fine, but, particularly in the beginning, you can hear that the guitar's not quite up to snuff.
Disagree strongly; it's just down to experience.

I've heard people sound god awful on USA Gibsons and Marshall stacks, due to their lacking technique and familiarity with dialling-in equipment to sound 'good', and I've heard people sound incredible on cheapo guitars going into random old solidstate amps, due to their decent technique and their familiarity with dialling-in equipment.

This sounds just fine; she's playing within her limits and sounds solid.
Couldn't agree more about the sound, don't like the epi LP though has a weird wide fretboard but the neck is very thin and flat.
XY
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Really like that Dezb. Good stuff.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

BearBoy wrote:Really like that Dezb. Good stuff.
Aye she's a talented wee git.
XY