New Doog EP: 'The Loveland Frogman'

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

New Doog EP: 'The Loveland Frogman'

Post by Doog »

My new EP has FINALLY trickled its way onto your favourite streaming sites

Spotify - Google Music - Deezer - iTunes
..and some others too

You can also buy it for a price of your choosing (zero is a price) here:

FOR FANS OF: cheerfully morbid dissections of the matters of the heart and/or crotch, pop hooks, feedback

Have a lovely evening x
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Listening now. Cracking stuff Doog.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Groovy.
The Instagram spot was crackin' too.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Thanks guys!

Glad you liked the video Ankhanu, I was actually a bit half-cut by that point (4 takes later) haha.

For those of us who aren't IG/FB/Twitter/YT/Friendster/Bebo/Ask Jeeves/Bing friends:

[youtube][/youtube]
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

13 pounds of whiskey is heavy shit
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

WHICH ONES DO YOU BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNN
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

robroe wrote:13 pounds of whiskey is heavy shit
Nearly 6kg! That shit was thiiiiiiiiiiick
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Doog wrote:Thanks guys!

Glad you liked the video Ankhanu, I was actually a bit half-cut by that point (4 takes later) haha.

For those of us who aren't IG/FB/Twitter/YT/Friendster/Bebo/Ask Jeeves/Bing friends:

[youtube][/youtube]
£13 pounds bourbon next to this roaring fire :lol:

EP sounds ace Doog. Are the strings (violin) on In Foreign Tongue a guest musician?

Me and Kathie have said it many times on your recordings, if you'd been born in another era you'd be a huge success by now. As always, top quality :)
NickD

Post by NickD »

Fran wrote:
Me and Kathie have said it many times on your recordings, if you'd been born in another era you'd be a huge success by now. As always, top quality :)
Yup,

The fact that Andy isn't doing this for a living has long been my proof that musical success has nothing to do with talent and good songwriting.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Fran wrote:
EP sounds ace Doog. Are the strings (violin) on In Foreign Tongue a guest musician?

Thanks mate, you and Kathie are both very kind. I still plug away, but it's purely because I love doing it still, rather than it being a 'career goal' or somet shit.

Yeah, my girlfriend Sal is playing the cello parts there- she's not really a cellist but dabbles in lots of instruments like wot I do. Everything else is Mellotron samples; the choirs and the wonky Stax-style brass at the end. Fucking love me a Mellotron, I will own one one day.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I WRRRRRRRITNNNNNNNNNNN ALLLLLL DEEEEZE BHAAAAAAAAD JOOOOOOOOOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZ

ALL THE SMASHING SHIT AND BACK UP HARMONY SCREAMING AT THE END OF THIS SONG
Last edited by robroe on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

THIS SHIT RULES
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Thanks bruhhhhh
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Doog wrote:
Fran wrote:

Thanks mate, you and Kathie are both very kind. I still plug away, but it's purely because I love doing it still, rather than it being a 'career goal' or somet shit.

Yeah, my girlfriend Sal is playing the cello parts there- she's not really a cellist but dabbles in lots of instruments like wot I do. Everything else is Mellotron samples; the choirs and the wonky Stax-style brass at the end. Fucking love me a Mellotron, I will own one one day.
That's cool mate and understood.

One of the reasons I'm interested in Freddys Fostex 4 Track tape recorder is because I'd like to dabble again, but just can't get my head around newer technology. Anyway...

I was listening to the lyrics and wondered if there was some reference to the Spanish lady on track two?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Fran wrote: I was listening to the lyrics and wondered if there was some reference to the Spanish lady on track two?
My ex or 'the Spanish lady from my past'? Mmmmm bits and pieces, but the 'we're not even good friends' isn't a reference to my ex really; we chat and see each other occasionally. Still a bit raw, tho.

There's lots of dysfunctional romances I was able to reference on this EP, fortunately
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Doog wrote:
Fran wrote: I was listening to the lyrics and wondered if there was some reference to the Spanish lady on track two?
My ex or 'the Spanish lady from my past'? Mmmmm bits and pieces, but the 'we're not even good friends' isn't a reference to my ex really; we chat and see each other occasionally. Still a bit raw, tho.

There's lots of dysfunctional romances I was able to reference on this EP, fortunately
Haha, tell me about it mate. I was thinking of the one from the past, I seem to recall the odd diary thread entry.
One thing I miss about writing is the outlet, even if it isn't direct and obvious you can get shit out there and kind of say, there, I said it.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I hadn't heard your 2011 album neither, but, iTunes brought it to my attention. Both of these are fantastic, and production quality is top notch.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

You should get these on the radio - I heartily recommend Radio Wig Wam and Strawbery tongue Radio for getting music heard - both are very supportive of new music.
XY
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Thanks guys; m looking at getting a bit of promo here and there, so will look into those, Dez 👌
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Ankhanu wrote:I hadn't heard your 2011 album neither, but, iTunes brought it to my attention. Both of these are fantastic, and production quality is top notch.
This
dezb1 wrote:You should get these on the radio
And this
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.