SUPEREGO Plus

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

SUPEREGO Plus

Post by Doog »

[youtube][/youtube]

God fucking DAMN it. EHX just want all my money and won't rest until I'm giving handies under Vauxhall bridge for pennies, will they?

Fortunately it's close enough to the HOG I bought recently, but actually providing FX that you would previous have to run in the original Superego's FX loop is a great idea. That and separating out the footswitch functions to make it less of a liability in a live situation.

That said, you can actually use the FX in isolation (on your dry signal, not the Freezed signal). Good thing it doesn't do octaves, or I would be kicking myself.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I saw this earlier around the same time I got shipping confirmation for my Super Ego OG lmao

also it absolutely does octaves i'm so sorry
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

daftsupernova wrote:I saw this earlier around the same time I got shipping confirmation for my Super Ego OG lmao

also it absolutely does octaves i'm so sorry
Hahaha but not to the ridiculous extent that the HOG does

What a pain re: just buying the OG.. I hope at least you bought it used? They're still sick tho
NickS

Post by NickS »

About €300??
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's not cheap, but in a market where people are charging that for basic fuzz pedals, this actual has a lot of value; lotsa DSP going on there, lots of parts.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

THIS DEMO LOST ME AROUND A MINUTE AND A HALF IN WITH ALL THE GIANT WORDS HE'S FUCKING USING.

IT LOOKS LIKE ITS EASIER TO FLY THE FUCKING SPACE SHUTTLE THAN FIGURE THIS OUT
dots wrote:incesticide
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's one for the capo players, for sure
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Some of that music is downright cringey
BUT this looks like a great machine. I love the superego. I probably wont make this a priority for a while though, considering the original has an fx loop for the sustain signal.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Yeah, the demo guy is pro AF but it's never anything past the mid 90s in terms of sounds or ideas. Ah well, they gotta appeal to the masses, but maybe get someone who's listened to music since then to demo things..

I guess if you're lacking the kind of additional FX that the SE+ offers, it could be pretty ace (seeing as you can use them separately).

Weird that they made the mode switch a footswitch though; how often are you changing that midsong?
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

eh, i could see some use for it, like if you didnt wanna bend over between songs to change the mode for a different song. but yeah the demo wasn't the best one they've put out, i saw a comment that was asking about the effects loop and they just replied that they covered the effects loop in the OG video, but i'm right there with that comment. where do the built in effects come in the signal chain regarding the effects loop? is it first or last in line? i would imagine last in line since they've got delays on there, but it still would've been nice to see them add some effects in the loop in addition to the built in effects.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

Doog wrote:Yeah, the demo guy is pro AF but it's never anything past the mid 90s in terms of sounds or ideas. Ah well, they gotta appeal to the masses, but maybe get someone who's listened to music since then to demo things..

I guess if you're lacking the kind of additional FX that the SE+ offers, it could be pretty ace (seeing as you can use them separately).

Weird that they made the mode switch a footswitch though; how often are you changing that midsong?
Wow, interesting stuff.

Also, surprisingly the guy does some B-side Radiohead at 7.50, most interesting part of video, being cheese-free and all.
dub

Post by dub »

Ironically the only time I've ever played out I switched between modes on the superego. haha.

This looks sweet but I really just wish the Infinite Jets had an effects loop and or separate outputs.

[youtube][/youtube]