Incoming NGD. Hello Kitty.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Incoming NGD. Hello Kitty.

Post by mkt3000 »

Found it on offerup about half hour away, offer was accepted, now just waiting to meet up on Saturday.

PICS!... from the listing

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

That looks so ridiculous, I kinda like it.

What are the specs? Scale length? Pickup type? Do you have any mods planned, or are you just gonna see how it plays when you get it?
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

You lucky beast. I've wanted one forever. Want to turn it into a crazy chug machine
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Concretebadger wrote:That looks so ridiculous, I kinda like it.

What are the specs? Scale length? Pickup type? Do you have any mods planned, or are you just gonna see how it plays when you get it?
Apparently it's 25.5... so whoops. I thought it was shortscale. Single ceramic HB.

I'm gonna see how it plays when I get it. If I don't like how it sounds, I'll put my favorite cheap pickup in there (GFS VEH)
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Update - canceled the purchase... my heart and mind both slapped me at the same time for being selfish, and instead sent my dad in PR two super high powered flashlights and rechargeable batteries.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

mkt3000 wrote:Update - canceled the purchase... my heart and mind both slapped me at the same time for being selfish, and instead sent my dad in PR two super high powered flashlights and rechargeable batteries.
Definitely not a bad way to spend the money. Hope your dad fares well :) as well as anyone else still affected by either Irma or Maria
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Update. Yesterday the seller reached out to me and offered to take another $20 off. I spoke about it for a bit with my fiancee on the phone, and decided to get it.

I got it. Cleaned it, put new strings on it, and gave it a set up. It plays well, and it's so weird it's cool. And it sounds good as is - pickup has a lo-fi garage-y vibe.

And here's the reason I got it. First, I won't say what I paid for it.

I'm gonna keep it for a few days/weeks, laugh like an idiot while I play it, then flip it here or elsewhere, and after my costs are covered - I will donate the any earnings to Puerto Rico relief, either as a direct donation, or use the winnings to buy supplies to send there. Don't worry - it will be reasonably priced.

And now, a pic:

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Seems relevant to update this.

It sold semi-locally for $100 more than I paid for it. ie - A tourist from Mexico in Miami found it on craigslist and bought it.

I took that money and used it to pay for shipping on 5 large priority mail flat rate boxes filled with non-perishable goods that were sent.

1 box went to my fiancée and her family, and the other four boxes were split between a brewery and a local music venue that suspended their operations and turned into free community kitchens.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Doug

Post by Doug »

Mkt3000, yer a good one. Makin the world better.
Doug
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

what a good story.

see this is the kind of shit i want to wake up and read
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Bean Dip would be proud.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.