NGD - 1997 Mexican Tele

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

blane

NGD - 1997 Mexican Tele

Post by blane »

Walked into the local guitar center and saw this wine modified tele up on the used wall. $299 was too good to ignore.
I guess the guy wasn't in a good place and came to sell his tele and strat that morning. You could tell this was not his favored guitar. No scratches, chips, digs, or fretwear. S# dates it as a 1997 model.

Image Image

Cat tax:
Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

Absolute steal for 299. Well done, looks like exactly my sort of thing.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

That is a bargain!

I had a wine red Squier Tele back when Squier were made in Mexico, must be 20 years ago. It was a nice guitar, always liked that colour as well.

You keeping them pickups in it blane or swapping them for something more traditional?
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

WOW!!! :shock: AMAZING SCORE! CONGRATS!
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
paul_

Post by paul_ »

That's nice! Love the F-stamp Bigsby setup on Teles, hell of a deal for a guitar that's had so much money poured into it.

It seems to have been converted to vaguely similar specs to Dan Auerbach's modified Jerry Donahue Tele that he used on old school Black Keys before he had a big weird guitar collection, though I guess his guitar can't lay specific claim to the setup.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
blane

Post by blane »

Fran wrote:That is a bargain!

I had a wine red Squier Tele back when Squier were made in Mexico, must be 20 years ago. It was a nice guitar, always liked that colour as well.

You keeping them pickups in it blane or swapping them for something more traditional?
the lil 59 sounds great. I might swap the neck back as i like the traditional tele neck pickups
Guitars:
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
blane

Post by blane »

paul_ wrote:That's nice! Love the F-stamp Bigsby setup on Teles, hell of a deal for a guitar that's had so much money poured into it.

It seems to have been converted to vaguely similar specs to Dan Auerbach's modified Jerry Donahue Tele that he used on old school Black Keys before he had a big weird guitar collection, though I guess his guitar can't lay specific claim to the setup.

oh snap, didn't realize that i'll have to look it up, but that may just be this guitar's inspiration. thanks for the heads up
Guitars:
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

don't know if you care but the official Fender color for that model is called #525 CRIMSON RED METALLIC

that model you got there has a modified bridge on it too. the stock fender tele vibrato came with a jaguar bridge in it.

What you got is a pretty rare beast.

so rare that if i type in FENDER TELECASTER CRIMSON RED METALLIC into google, none come up with a bigsby unit on it.

and if i type in FENDER TELECASTER BIGSBY none come up in crimson red metallic.

its the first one i have ever seen.
dots wrote:incesticide
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Pretty dope.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Hey Blane! How you doing, man? Long time, no etc.

Love that, I nearly bought a Squier Cabronita with Bigsby, looks so sick

Those Fender-branded ones are even better