Supro 2020 Westbury - $369 Black Friday Sale @ Sam Ash

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Supro 2020 Westbury - $369 Black Friday Sale @ Sam Ash

Post by mkt3000 »

Well, if you've got a Sam Ash nearby, this is one of the more interesting Black Friday sales I've seen. It's definitely tempting me.

From what I understand, in-store only.

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Wow! That's a helluva deal. :shock:
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

fuuuuuuuuck
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

I found the rest of the ad. Even with the 2015 Les Paul logo, the double cut is tempting as fuck.

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Ankhanu wrote:fuuuuuuuuck
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Are these things any good or are they funny shaped epipheet?
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

They've been blowing those out for cheap in the UK for a while now - I was eyeing up the single-pickup version for a while.

Think Jcyphe (as ever) is making a very valid point though...
chemistforhire

Post by chemistforhire »

I saw these yesterday when I went to Sam Ash, but they didn't interest me enough to try any of them.
On a side note, if you ask for discount on anything that is not on the list you will get one anyway but you have to ask. I got $100 of a new PRS Mark Holcomb SE
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Mother fucker. I'm hoping these are just like Eastwoods too, because the blue one looks right up my street.
George

Post by George »

Wonder if those Gold Foils are as vintage correct as they say they are
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

$20 LESS at Altomusic.com. Free shipping, 24 month financing.

http://www.altomusic.com/supro-island- ... e-metallic
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

It don't even has Res-o-Glass bodey, som lame ass mahogany body
Last edited by sunshiner on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Ooooh, yours didn't have as well Yours had an Res-o-Glass bodey

Didn't notice at first. I like yours better
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Doug

Beautiful axe, great deal, pass on playability

Post by Doug »

Good access to 22 frets. Notice how close the controls are to your pickin hand movement?...that'll drive ya crazy.
Doug
paul_

Post by paul_ »

jcyphe wrote:Are these things any good or are they funny shaped epipheet?
lolz, + obviously the latter at this price point and with these sorts of concessions over the original but I've come to expect that of pretty much all "retro" tribute models or whatever you want to call them.

It's unmistakable when you pick up a true oddball import from the '60s or '70s that is actually playable up and down the neck and stays in decent tune, you find they have features and feel not present on anything relatively recent in electric guitars (or vintage Gibsons/Fenders) and throw off a very different vibe to play. It'd probably actually be a gamble to populate that area of the market with something less playable just because it conforms to something that is mainly popular for it's looks and coolness factor but has become radically old-fashioned in feel and sound, and only cost effective if you had funny CAD shapes plugged into the Epiphonator. It's more of that pawnshop-chic bleeding through, but at least at a more honest price than Eastwood would sling it for.

The '90s Danelectro U2s are the only guitars I can think of that were truly affordable and accurate to the originals at the same time when they were reissued, but I didn't know much about or appreciate that at the time. I remember some kids at school having them and hating them, in the same way some of us viewed our Squiers like "I can do better than this"
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

paul_ wrote:
The '90s Danelectro U2s are the only guitars I can think of that were truly affordable and accurate to the originals at the same time when they were reissued, but I didn't know much about or appreciate that at the time. I remember some kids at school having them and hating them, in the same way some of us viewed our Squiers like "I can do better than this"
It's crazy how all the old guitars you used to see in pawnshops and guitar shops have disappeared. I don't think you can blame eBay and Craigslist because those things were popular 10 years ago and you still found stuff. I don't see much of anything old, weird, or cool these days. For a while I was seeing a lot of Ibanez 80's and 90's stuff but even that has dried up.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Just got another email from Sam Ash

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

It's pretty neat that they are doing composite top models. Italia has been doing that for a while too.

I like this one.