Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

NAMM: Fender pedals w/cool names but boring everything else

Post by Doog »

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

will the bends make me sound like radiohead? if so, can i throw it in the fucking trash and set that shit on fire ?
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

lolz

The Bends is about the only Radiohead album I sorta like.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
George

Post by George »

Reverbs with a pre-delay are a win, in my book. Would be interested in the price, and the added switching.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

The reverb is £110 at GAK.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

robroe wrote:will the bends make me sound like radiohead? if so, can i throw it in the fucking trash and set that shit on fire ?
It's a compressor, so it'll make you sound more like skinny sadboys still playing twinkly emo in Space Year 2018, oh sorry
George wrote:Reverbs with a pre-delay are a win, in my book
100%, it's definitely the secret to getting some good definition to a washy sound
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Doog wrote:
robroe wrote:will the bends make me sound like radiohead? if so, can i throw it in the fucking trash and set that shit on fire ?
It's a compressor, so it'll make you sound more like skinny sadboys still playing twinkly emo in Space Year 2018, oh sorry
The headaches of scuba diving without the underwater sounds?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Those photos look like someone's needed photos for an ebay and decided to use massive zoomins on the guitar-rig poster style equivalents.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

And who the fuck sets things up so that everything's at about one o'clock? They've clearly decided not to have everything at twelve o'clock and done this instead. This isn't better.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Also (and I'm sorry that I've utterly roe'd this thread):

Why do they look so shit? Fender have a certain design aesthetic. If they made pedals that were sonic blue, fiesta red, CAR etc and had pointless pearloid/anodized/tort panels on the front I would definitely buy one. Even if it was just a tube screamer.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Bacchus wrote:Also (and I'm sorry that I've utterly roe'd this thread):

Why do they look so shit? Fender have a certain design aesthetic. If they made pedals that were sonic blue, fiesta red, CAR etc and had pointless pearloid/anodized/tort panels on the front I would definitely buy one. Even if it was just a tube screamer.
They'll wait till everody else does that and in 10 years after that they'll introduce that as a cutting edge idea
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Bacchus wrote:Why do they look so shit?
They look like Strymon, expensive best-selling factory made booteek SMD pedals. Why change a winning formula?
dylanafghjkl

Post by dylanafghjkl »

well looks like they're filling a gap in the market now that strymon are exclusively making eurorack gear
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Fakir Mustache wrote:
Bacchus wrote:Why do they look so shit?
They look like Strymon, expensive best-selling factory made booteek SMD pedals. Why change a winning formula?
I realise that's what they're trying to do, but they look more like bad Joyo copies of Strymons.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I think the color coding LEDs are a nice idea, if every pedal manufacturer adopted that it'd be nice to see what's on in the dark. I might be over thinking it, it's probably more like a solution to a barely existent problem.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

They do look like something off Alibaba or FastTech.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

dylanafghjkl wrote:well looks like they're filling a gap in the market now that strymon are exclusively making eurorack gear
Are they not going to be making guitar pedals any longer then?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Bacchus wrote:And who the fuck sets things up so that everything's at about one o'clock? They've clearly decided not to have everything at twelve o'clock and done this instead. This isn't better.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

:lol: