60th anniversary jazzmaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

60th anniversary jazzmaster

Post by robroe »

1200 bucks and the fucking e string isn't even on the fretboard. hahahahaha fuck you fender ad dpt

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... ric-guitar

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

......errr wait, it appears to not be a photoshop error???

hahaha fuck you fender manufacturing dpt.

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

DA FUQ ????

Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Hmm...it might be the angle of the camera, or patchy quality control...which admittedly shouldn't be an issue at this price point, but just look at pretty much every Gibson that's produced these days. :roll:

high E strings sitting close to the edge of the fretboard do seem to be a particular issue on JMs though...my CIJ took a bit of adjusting back when I first got it, and I recall a few people complaining about the TVL sig model having that problem as well. Which is a shame, because I recall that being a really nice instrument according to the reviews, and the unwavering reliability of Opinions From People On The Internet.

Of course, this one does have the infamous JM bridge saddles which everyone* loathes, so you can at least shuffle the strings around until the spacing works for you.

*except me, apparently.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

shit mine is fucked up too !!!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's a pretty common fault with Jazzmasters, by the looks of it, scanning Google Images. I think it looks worse that it really is on those models with the neck binding.

But really... who the fuck is really playing up that high on the thin E, on a Jazzmaster?

I guess apart from sleepy, sleepy J Mascis. Who has his action so high, he doesn't notice the frets anyways.