PRS Announce John Mayer [s]Strat[/s] Sliver Sky

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

paul_

Post by paul_ »

John Mayer is the future of blues guitar

If you're a fucking Fraggle living in a stone in the corner of a pro-Enoch Powell flat guarded by a fucking German Shepard

Or if you have a pair of balls, y'know, try harder.

Bitch.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

There's a short video on youtube with him, John Frusciante and Derek Trucks. And that cunt just don't stop talking about himself. Fruciante could have owned Fender if he wanted, too bad he's not conceited and gold digging type of person
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

paul_ wrote:John Mayer is the future of blues guitar

If you're a fucking Fraggle living in a stone in the corner of a pro-Enoch Powell flat guarded by a fucking German Shepard

Or if you have a pair of balls, y'know, try harder.

Bitch.
Shut up Meg.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Josh wrote:
Doog wrote:Dude, I've been playing electric guitar for 23 years and I couldn't immediately identify a neck radius.
Really? If you just look at the necks on my jaguar and jazzmaster you can easily tell the jazzmaster neck is rounder. You can also tell when you try to bend the strings too much.
It’s not like the hugest difference in the world but it’s noticeable.
'Identifying' and 'noticing a difference' are two separate things though, fwend.
Nick wrote:"I have taken awesome shots of landscape on 50mm lens"

NO YOU FUCKING HAVEN'T JUST STOP TALKING
Quite the boast from a guy filming in PORTRAIT

*stomach ulcer*
George

Post by George »

I still don't get why a Fender collaboration fell through, as if they wouldn't yield to his demands for CAR, a 7.25" radius and vintage voiced pickups. He seems to imply quality control in replicating the neck specs?

Or maybe his previous collaboration with Fender didn't end amicably or profitable enough, and/or they wouldn't produce it in the US at a premium Custom Shop price point?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I assume it's akin to when Vic and Bob did Lucky Sexy Winners on Channel 4 to get a better deal for Shooting Stars on the BBC.

Except shite.
chemistforhire

Post by chemistforhire »

George wrote:I still don't get why a Fender collaboration fell through, as if they wouldn't yield to his demands for CAR, a 7.25" radius and vintage voiced pickups. He seems to imply quality control in replicating the neck specs?

Or maybe his previous collaboration with Fender didn't end amicably or profitable enough, and/or they wouldn't produce it in the US at a premium Custom Shop price point?
Rumor was that Fender wanted him to hide the Dumble amps he was using at the time and only display Fender amps at his shows. Mayer refused and it went downhill from there. Don't know how true that is but it was what was going around at the time.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Y'all need to get over yourselves and your lack of neck radius detection abilities. It's like gaydar.

If it's a Fender it has to be a 7.25 radius, any other guitar I don't care but don't try to give me a Duo-Sonic with nuthin' but. Some guy tried to give me one with a 7.2225 radius, I had to bust a guitar over his head.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.