behringer smashing Superbooth

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

lorez

behringer smashing Superbooth

Post by lorez »

looks like Behringer have rolled out a number of great looking clones of classic synths and drum machines. Price points for some of these are insane

odyssey

Prosonus One

SH101

add in their Moog Model D clone and there is a lot of great retro synth clones for not much money.

Even the Neutron is building on top of the Deepmind wave of great value synths
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Just came to post about this. Absolutely getting the analog 808 clone.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=41682

Behringer is also going to make Eurorack stuff...
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

These have all been talked about before, I think.

They first had some sort of survey question about a drum machine before they had any synth out.

They talked about the ARP and had a computer picture around the time Korg came out with theirs.

I've seen pics of the SH-101 with that girl's hands before. Here's an article from December 2017:
http://www.synthanatomy.com/2017/12/the-bomb-has-burst-behringer-teased-6-new-synthesizers-wasp-deluxe-2600-cat-synthi-vcx3-ms-101-bk-gybu-k20.html
The Wasp and Cat would be cool, but I bet they're going to change the cosmetics on all of these before they actually come out.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

The ARP one interests me the most even though it's the only one mentioned where I'm actually happier with the iPad/laptop+controller scheme (for the sake of polyphony). Nonetheless, the desktop version of the Korg reissue has been on my list for awhile.

I like the Model D

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ynthesizer
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

singlepup wrote:Just came to post about this. Absolutely getting the analog 808 clone.
Word!
XY
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Pretty much interested in all of these. Behringer are knocking this stuff out the park. When I had a go on a deepmind, it sounded phenomenal.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

At first they came for EHX
and I said nothing for I was not EHX
Then they came for Boss
and I said nothing for I was not Boss
Then they came for Moog, Roland, and Korg
How long before they come FOR DWARFCRAFT?
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
lorez

Post by lorez »

aen wrote:At first they came for EHX
Then they came for Boss
In that line of thinking I f they come for dwarfcraft you’ll of made millions and you’ll be on your yacht not giving 2 fucks
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

lorez wrote: How long before they come FOR DWARFCRAFT?
In that line of thinking I f they come for dwarfcraft you’ll of made millions and you’ll be on your yacht not giving 2 fucks[/quote]

Nah Behringer (Uli?) aren't paying anyone shit, hence why its so cheap for us. Think he waits till patents run out, then bums them original ideas into oblivion.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

aen wrote:At first they came for EHX
Then they came for Boss
Use the money you made to buy Gibson, then make copies of Behringer pedals.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

singlepup wrote:http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=41682

Behringer is also going to make Eurorack stuff...
The Model D and upcoming Neutron are patchable and eurorack compatible. The D is actually in a Eurorack format case and comes with the ER connector.

It's the Oberheim clone I'm really interested in. ?The originals sound amazing but they're way out of my price range. I have the D and Deepmind, both are great!
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Behringer give zero fucks :lol:

The funny thing is this is what everybody on all the music forums was asking for 10 years ago and now they're doing it. Cloning Boss, EHX, and the classic analog synths.

People want to try lots of different sounds on the cheap and eBay/Craigslist kinda killed the bargains in finding old analog gear or vintage EHX/Boss pedals for reasonable prices. Any doofus can do a google search and find out their old Keyboard sells for a nice chunk of change on the internet, it ruined the fun.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

New video posted today:

[youtube][/youtube]
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
lorez

Post by lorez »

singlepup wrote:New video posted today:

[youtube][/youtube]
Interesting idea and I like the sound of the shaping tools it has. If it’s at the price point of the model d then I’d rather get this than the arturia impact brute they just released
NickS

Post by NickS »

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Oh, Behringer are a shameful company. Utterly immoral and exploitative.

And they're making gear people want for low, low prices. So fuck it.

The new synth stuff is ridiculously good. The bit I find funny is that many on the synth sites that have been almost begging for this shit are now turning their noses up at it because it's Behringer. Whatevs, chaps.

In a similar vein, though, Behringer recently bought TC Electronic and have effectively "reissued" their supercheap pedals from way back under the TC brand, all single-use stompboxes with true bypass, metal enclosures, etc. There's tonnes of them, and they're about the same sound quality as the old plastic Behringers (ie: from amazing to not so good) but with all the improvements people were asking for in terms of durability, switching, etc. But there are plenty on other guitar forums *cough* who won't touch them because they're Behringer (and/or clones).

So, yeah, Behringer are an awful company for producing the things I want at prices I can afford (lolno srsly they are gobshites run by a cunt), but sometimes I wonder if they're worth having around just because they help expose some of the worst conservative prejudices of other musicians.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Has anyone heard any news when these might be released soon? Getting synth gas and not sure what to buy and want to give some of these a blast
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

lorez wrote:Has anyone heard any news when these might be released soon? Getting synth gas and not sure what to buy and want to give some of these a blast
There's so much other stuff out there to GAS for, I'm not sure what to buy.

That Trax synth looks awesome, there are several very cool Dreadbox synths, there's a new Polivoks synth with no keyboard, and with keyboards there's the Minibrute, Novation Bass Station 2, and I'm seriously thinking about the Yamaha Reface CS.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts