An itty bitty Blackstar

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

An itty bitty Blackstar

Post by mkt3000 »

This is a continuation of my NGD Parts Jag Thread.

So, after buying strings and some tools locally, I gave it a proper setup, and realized how nicely it played. However, I had yet to hear it through a decent amp - the only time I heard it play was through a crappy first act amp they had at the pawn shop. And since I wasn't heading home for a few more days, I decided to challenge myself to fix that issue.

I started going through the local listings in the various for sale sites (craigslist, offerup, FB marketplace, etc). I found a few u things I found interesting, and one I regret not getting (Marshall Lead 12 combo for $40), but nothing. I posted on FB musicians group and a friend reached out with a lead. "One of the local music stores has a used Blackstar HT1R for $140". I've never owned or even played through a Blackstar amp, so I googled it, and became immediately interested. I showed up, and did haggle a bit, The manager came to the agreement that if I bought something else - anything - I could have it for $100. So I bought a cable that I was gonna need anyway and some pics.

Anyway, holy crap this is an awesome little amp! And finally, I get to hear the guitar, which sounds awesome! Such a good little setup.

And because the amp is so small, rather than travel with a headphone amp (like normal people do), I can stuff it in a carry on bag and take it on business trips with a guitar. I'm stoked.

Finally: a pic!

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Leave that guitar as is, the front looks lovely and who gaf about the back?

Good score on the amp too!
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Nick wrote:Leave that guitar as is, the front looks lovely and who gaf about the back?
The front is starting to grow on me... but I can't stand the back. Maybe I'll put a giant sticker over it, or I'll just spray whatever spray paint I've got at home over the back.
Nick wrote:Good score on the amp too!
That amp is a surprising little bastard. All I need is a cheap looper, cheap delay, and a cheap OD pedal and I've got a perfect business travel rig... because I can't stand headphone amps.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Do an demo
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.