NPD - DOD Carcosa fuzz and Ibanez Echo Shifter

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

NPD - DOD Carcosa fuzz and Ibanez Echo Shifter

Post by ekwatts »

So I've wanted both of these for a while. They were worth the wait. Instant favourites.

The Carcosa is brutal and surprisingly versatile. It can do pretty much everything you'd realistically want from a fuzz, and does that whole "dying battery" splattery sound too, if you set the controls right.

The Ibanez is just a super nice analog delay.

Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Niiiiiice, have had my eye out for a(n even) cheap(er) Carcosa for ages; seems flexible enough to make it a keeper.

I really loved the semi-fuzz, semi-OD, squashy 'tiny amp' compression thing the Function F(x) Clusterfuzz I had used to do, but found it way too bright and lacking in lows against my preferred kind of clean sound. Would defo be curious as to how close the DOD gets with those controls
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Doog wrote:Niiiiiice, have had my eye out for a(n even) cheap(er) Carcosa for ages; seems flexible enough to make it a keeper.

I really loved the semi-fuzz, semi-OD, squashy 'tiny amp' compression thing the Function F(x) Clusterfuzz I had used to do, but found it way too bright and lacking in lows against my preferred kind of clean sound. Would defo be curious as to how close the DOD gets with those controls
This thing has low-end out of wazoo. Not Woolly Mammoth levels, but definitely better than average.

ProGuitarShop did about three videos of it I think, the main advert one and then two more showcasing more of the sounds it can do.

It's actually a little wilder than I expected through my Ampeg.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Noice. Had a listen to JustNickMusic's demo/walkntalkthru, nice to hear it against a clean amp with the controls being properly shown off, rather than the usual PGS approach of 'just find best possible settings'

[youtube][/youtube]

100% don't need another fuzz, but might be able to clear out the drawer a little more to justify it
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I love my Carcosa, I use it every once in a while when i want a ripping fuzz tone, it's fantastic.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)