IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY...

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Doug

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY...

Post by Doug »

Pretty good up to 2:56...

Doug
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

You might like this instead:
[youtube][/youtube]
I've seen them in concert, it was pretty weird, I've never been to a metal concert before where the whole place smells like church incense.

The downside is that I read the banners, and the stuff on the album, and the texts do not seem to be in Old Church Slavonic, but some bullshit made up Slavic language.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Was listening to the first few tracks of the new album yesterday, was good. Need to hear the rest.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

this is NOT what i expected ghost to sound like.

there are fallout boy songs that are harder than that first song doug posted.
dots wrote:incesticide
Doug

Post by Doug »

Fakir Mustache wrote:You might like this instead:
[youtube][/youtube]

The downside is that I read the banners, and the stuff on the album, and the texts do not seem to be in Old Church Slavonic, but some bullshit made up Slavic language.
a friendly caution to beware, Fakir. That "BS made up Slavic" just happens to be the language of Satan's Army. What may seem to some as disrespect or mockery on your part, is the talon of a flying monkey already hooked in your heart.

I'm extremely vary serious.
Doug
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

robroe wrote:this is NOT what i expected ghost to sound like.

there are fallout boy songs that are harder than that first song doug posted.
I think this record is a bit more 80s metal than the previous stuff, but they're by no means a TURBO DEATH METAL MACHINE

[youtube][/youtube]
They're more like a spoopy QOTSA at points
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Doug wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

a friendly caution to beware, Fakir. That "BS made up Slavic" just happens to be the language of Satan's Army. What may seem to some as disrespect or mockery on your part, is the talon of a flying monkey already hooked in your heart.

It's perfectly understandable, it's just not a real language. It's a mix of different Slavic languages.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

man, Ghost was always kinda disappointing to me bc they never sounded like what I was expecting but Batushka kicks ass, i love this shit
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
Doug

Post by Doug »

Fakir Mustache wrote:
Doug wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

It's perfectly understandable, it's just not a real language. It's a mix of different Slavic languages.
Fakir, I want you and everyone to know I was just being facetious. I understood your point and truly appreciate your adding this insight about Ghost's creative language to the discussion.
Doug