New Fenders/Squiers

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

BearBoy wrote:Image
fu;ck
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Fran wrote: Why is the wood white as fuck? :lol:
Cause fender doesn't believe in finishing necks any more. Unless you're willing to pay over $1k for a "vintagey" model.
At least you can still get some Squiers with finished necks.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Remember when fender put out that jazz master with the bridge plate moved up and everyone pissed and moaned.....

Look at that jazzmaster
dots wrote:incesticide
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

The better way.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

BearBoy wrote:
I think these look really cool so I wouldn't call it a complaint, but in a perfect world I think it would've been neat if the bridge humbucker had been made out of two jaguar pickups smashed together.
It makes me think about how when Danelectro realized they should probably put out models with humbuckers, they tooled up those double lipstick humbuckers so that they could have the utility of a pickup that's used on probably 50% of guitar models, while still keeping their instantly recognizable 'danelectro' look. I always thought it was a great solution.
Fender has no need produce an entirely new humbucker form factor when they have plenty of precedent and success with pairing traditional ones with whatever else they want, but I think it would've made for a great look.
DiAmoroso

Post by DiAmoroso »

Some of these aren't too bad, depending on price they have potential.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

BillClay wrote: Fender has no need produce an entirely new humbucker form factor when they have plenty of precedent and success with pairing traditional ones with whatever else they want, but I think it would've made for a great look.
The claws on the pickoup would mean there'd be a sizeable gap between the coils though, probably a bit too funky for most people, plussss they'd need all new templates for bodies, pickguards etc. And, that spacing would probably make them sound like a cross between a humbucker and the bridge-middle position on a Strat.

It would look sick though, like a less severe version of those Yamahas:

I might even steal your idea myself one day, could be a fun look and sound for something unusual :D
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Like dis?

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

OH SHIT
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

BearBoy wrote:Like dis?

EXACTLY.

I get how financially stupid it would be for them to tool up a new humbucker like that ( I would think they'd just have the claws on the outside edge of each coil so that they could truly be sandwiched together like an traditional humbucker and not run into the issue Doog mentioned about spacing) but I just think that's such a fun look
NickS

Post by NickS »

>>Andertons<<
£575 for Jazz/Jag. Jag basses £623/632.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Wonder how the build quality compares to the Classic Players/Classic 60s models. They're about £1000.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

sunshiner wrote:
► Show Spoiler
FUCK, why did I never think of doing this with my Strat?!
NickS wrote:>>Andertons<<
If they did a blue one, I'd be counting my pennies right now
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Doog wrote:
sunshiner wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Yes, the same. It never occured to me that you could do that. It's Robbie Robertson's (The Band) Last Waltz Stratocaster replica from Fender Custom Shop. Would never be interseted in any Custom Shop guitar, but the original guitar was modded in the 1970s according to Robertson's request to shift backwards the middle pickup as it always got in the way of a guitar pick and to fatten up the sound of the bridge pickup
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Doog wrote:If they did a blue one, I'd be counting my pennies right now
They do that "tidepool" blue. If you didn't notice, there are two dots under the four offsets, click the black one and it shows you the other four.
[Thinks: isn't that the same blue as the MP Marauder?]
NickS

Post by NickS »

Doog wrote:FUCK, why did I never think of doing this with my Strat?!
I must admit I never knew about this.
http://www.guitarworld.com/artists/rob ... nder-strat
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

The new active Jazzmasters are up on Fender's website now too.

Surf Pearl:

Graphite Metallic:

Blurb:
True to the Jazzmaster tradition of smashing rules, the Squier Contemporary Active Jazzmaster is packed with audacious new features. Sporting a matching headstock for a sleek aesthetic and black chrome hardware for a stealthy vibe, this guitar looks as sinister as it sounds.

Blending sharp appearance with a bevy of player-centric features, this Jazzmaster is a trailblazing rendition of a Fender classic. Inspiring player creativity, this guitar features a slim and fast "C"-shaped neck with a 12" fingerboard radius ideal for speed and effortless bends, while an adjustable bridge with stopbar tailpiece provides optimal stability�even in drop tunings. Powered by an active 9-volt circuit, the dual SQR™ ceramic humbucking pickups produce high-output tone ideal for crunchy rhythms and screaming solos.

FEATURES
  • Dual Squier SQR ceramic humbucking pickups with active electronics
    Modern “C�-shaped neck profile
    12�-radius laurel fingerboard with 21 frets
    Black chrome hardware
    3-ply black pickguard
    Matching painted headstock
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Doog wrote:
sunshiner wrote:
► Show Spoiler
NickS wrote:>>Andertons<<
If they did a blue one, I'd be counting my pennies right now
The old Peavey Predator AX had two single coils together, the one I owned had quite a unique sound.
Same as this...

Dillon

Post by Dillon »

BearBoy wrote:Like dis?

Love the look but it probably doesn't sound like you'd think. For one thing, one pickup would need to be RW/RP for it to not hum like a monster (can't recall if AVRI pickups are, but I'm pretty sure MIJ/CIJ and Squier are not). That aside, never done it myself, but I've heard it generally leads to a dull and woofy kind of sound, due to the fact that the magnetic field most single coils have doesn't lend well to being placed directly next to another one. I suppose you could always replace the magnets in one with non-magnetic slugs.