Gretsch roller bridge

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Thomas

Gretsch roller bridge

Post by Thomas »

Has anyone here plonked a roller bridge on their Gretsch? I’m looking for a drop in replacement without spending MOJO money.

Any info on issues to look out for would be handy.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

If it's an Electromatic/M8 post import TOM you're replacing, I had good luck with this style one (got mine from GFS but posted one that is closer/cheaper to you) on my Epi G400 when I put a teisco style trem on there. In my experience tuning issues with a trem often have more to do with the nut so I replaced that with a Graphtech too. It worked very well in the end.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roller-Bridg ... SwXY5ZVVvY
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thanks guys, I think the eBay one looks like it’ll Be a better fit with the guitar (it has the Gibson type bridge currently).
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Try a Wilkinson roller bridge. They have extra mojo cause they look like a Terminator’s knuckles.