Fender American Original Jazzmaster Sherwood Green

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Fender American Original Jazzmaster Sherwood Green

Post by BearBoy »

Chicago Music Exchange exclusive. Shame, I'd love one of these:

LANK
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

£1,613.57. Bargain. I might get a back up as well at that price.

Who exactly are these meant to appeal to?
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
lorez

Post by lorez »

BearBoy wrote:That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

Dare I say that the £ & $ exchange has swung in such a way over the last few years that you could blame brexit for most of that £500 rise.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

BearBoy wrote:That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

lorez wrote:

Dare I say that the £ & $ exchange has swung in such a way over the last few years that you could blame brexit for most of that £500 rise.
Ha, Yeah, well, I was avoiding using the B word as I know I have a tendency to blame pretty much anything and everything on it :lol:

But, yeah, you're probably right.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

It's hilarious, they aren't worth half of that amount and we all know it.

They will just lose customers in a market that is already naturally in decline.

Fender - the new Gibson.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Fran wrote:£1,613.57. Bargain. I might get a back up as well at that price.

Shoegaze lawyers.
XY
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

dezb1 wrote:
Fran wrote:£1,613.57. Bargain. I might get a back up as well at that price.

Shoegaze lawyers.
About right.

A design that was almost dead and buried was made popular again by poor musicians but now they can't afford one because Fender are cunts.

Just like Gibson and they got everything they deserved.
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

GreenKnee wrote:

I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!
Prices have risen everywhere: you have to pay around €400-450 for a Squier VM Jazzmaster/Jaguar and 500-550 for a J Mascis here in Italy. I remember the street-price for a Squier VM was around €250-300 back in 2009-2010 when I started playing.
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Used to be swings and roundabouts... I remember the 80s when Jazzmasters and Gretsches were were cheap and what the cool 'fringe' bands could afford when all the popular bands had Jackson and Ibanez shredders. Then in the 90s the shredders were cheap because teh Kurtz. But now there is no real counter culture in guitar music (or life in general) and every thing is marketed like a big homogenized in-demand commodity.
XY
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

^^^True
Also Fender was(still is) in a bad place a couple years ago and it raised prices on everything. Almost all Squiers grew in price, VM models started to cost as much as Classic Vibes had cost, and Classic Vibes now cost as much as Mexican models used to cost.

By the way, I think it's high time to buy used Classic Vibe strats as you can still find them rather cheap. In a couple of years they'll be going for ridiculous money too. One day when even your neighbour is a shoegazer playing a jag, everyone will be re-discovering strat.

While prices are going up, you need to admit that general quality of cheap guitars got better in last 15 years. They are as good as expensive ones minus setup, pickups, tuners, etc.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Golden_Sonic wrote:
GreenKnee wrote:

Prices have risen everywhere: you have to pay around €400-450 for a Squier VM Jazzmaster/Jaguar and 500-550 for a J Mascis here in Italy. I remember the street-price for a Squier VM was around €250-300 back in 2009-2010 when I started playing.
Yeah but we are British and like to blame everything on Brexiteers :lol:
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Fran wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote:
GreenKnee wrote: I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!
If the guitar case fits....
XY
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

dezb1 wrote:
Fran wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote: Prices have risen everywhere: you have to pay around €400-450 for a Squier VM Jazzmaster/Jaguar and 500-550 for a J Mascis here in Italy. I remember the street-price for a Squier VM was around €250-300 back in 2009-2010 when I started playing.
If the guitar case fits....
pretty sure i'll be using my guitars for firewood in a year's time once this particular dose of disaster capitalism gets into full swing
lorez

Post by lorez »

i had my jazzmaster valued recently and was shocked to see that its worth about £1K less than a replica "master built" or customer shop version that is new and made now.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers