Bought (and sold) this...

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Bought (and sold) this...

Post by dezb1 »

To see if it's as bad as they say it is:

Last edited by dezb1 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XY
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

As you're a fan of abrasive distortions, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

There's been a load of vids recently of guys running it straight to the FX return; sounds waaaay better
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

And?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

He chugga-chugga'D himself to death :cry:
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Too much metalz *arsecake*
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

BearBoy wrote:And?

First impressions are is not bad - it's basically the sound of the NIN Broken album - watched a few youtube videos and they all max the gain - a quick route to a shite sound, with everything set around 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock range then move the mid freq off if you want some scoops. Easier to get a bad sound than a good one but it does have good ones.... need more tinkering time to get my full opinion

Bad NIN rip off contained within (recorded with my Epiphone Riviera my most NIN guitar)
Last edited by dezb1 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XY
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

The Vines in a box.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Noirie. wrote:The Vines in a box.

Are the Vines still a thing? I quite liked a clue of their tunes.
XY
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Do a Pantera riff.

This and the Marshall Jackhammer are probably the best standard Metal Distortions. It was certainly an improvement on the misleading HM-2 which didn't do Heavy Metal at all.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

On another note, i like these threads, every time I see one I think what's he bought now :lol:
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Fran wrote:On another note, i like these threads, every time I see one I think what's he bought now :lol:
The HM-2 is my favourite boss pedal - but luckily I don't play (much) metal. I just like stuff that makes noise Fran, and I'm not picky about names and makes if it makes cool noises I'll find a use for it... Also at least I'm not all about finding the perfect Tube screamer.

Ps: I'm not an accomplished enough guitarist to do an Pantera riff
XY
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Fran wrote:On another note, i like these threads, every time I see one I think what's he bought now :lol:
The thing I like about these threads, is that these were pedals we used when we were fourteen and thought we sounded the tits, then we decided they sounded shit. Then, in our thirties and forties we've decided they sound the tits again.

I suspect it might be an indicator of mid-life crises.

Gonnae buy a "I hate myslaf and want to die" hoody and paint your nails black?
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Bacchus wrote:
The thing I like about these threads, is that these were pedals we used when we were fourteen and thought we sounded the tits, then we decided they sounded shit. Then, in our thirties and forties we've decided they sound the tits again.

I suspect it might be an indicator of mid-life crises.

Gonnae buy a "I hate myslaf and want to die" hoody and paint your nails black?
If thats the case I've been having a midlife crisis since my teens! I've never owned one of these before so it wasn't yearning for the past - and my 505 purchase was replacing something I had fond memories of and would still have had if my original one hadn't broken as I have to really hate a pedal to sell it so I have a massive box of pedals from my first RAK DST-3 to my digitech supernatural reverb.

I'm more inclined to attribute midlife crisis status to the folk looking for the perfect blues overdrive or worrying about the weight of their Les Paul.
XY
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I'm a bit of a mixture of what you both just said concerning equipment.

Nostalgic, don't like paying a lot, like basic stuff were you just turn a knob and dont need software, like noise...

Thing is, the majority of artists I like used all this stuff.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

dezb1 wrote:
The HM-2 is my favourite boss pedal - but luckily I don't play (much) metal. I just like stuff that makes noise Fran, and I'm not picky about names and makes if it makes cool noises I'll find a use for it... Also at least I'm not all about finding the perfect Tube screamer.

Ps: I'm not an accomplished enough guitarist to do an Pantera riff
Yeah I like the HM-2 as well, especially the vowel-like sound on the color setting. I'm sure it's what MBV used on some of 'Isnt Anything'.
The middle section in 'Sueisfine' is an HM-2 if I ever heard one.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Fran wrote:I'm a bit of a mixture of what you both just said concerning equipment.

Nostalgic, don't like paying a lot, like basic stuff were you just turn a knob and dont need software, like noise...

Thing is, the majority of artists I like used all this stuff.

I like software too, anything that makes a cool noise - DAWs, 4 track cassete recorded, synths, shitty 80s home keyboards, pedals, guitars, basses - in the words of Lemmy "its all the same to me"
XY
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Last night's 90s as FUCK guitar rig.

XY
Jagtornado

Post by Jagtornado »

I use it as a stand alone solo device with a lot of gain, not for metal riffs. And I like it using it that way
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

The MT-2 experiment is over - conclusions are: has a few good sounds, one Great sound - but none I can't make using other gear I own - so it's gone to a new home.
XY