Induction loop

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

NickS

Induction loop

Post by NickS »

A friend of mine stood in for me for a gig at a party in a village hall fitted with an induction loop (for hearing aids). He got terrible feedback from his Strat and the caretaker did not know how to turn off the induction loop. Has anyone else found this with single-coils and an induction loop?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I don't really know how induction loops work other than "magic," the same way I don't really know how interference works other than "devilment."

Googling around, it seems that there are lots of other people who have had this problem, and unfortunately the variance in opinions offered suggests that those offering don't really have a more nuanced knowledge of this than I do.

I suspect humbuckers are the solution.

Some people have reported moving the amp/guitarist as it can be a very localised problem.
NickS

Post by NickS »

He's probably not going to get a set of Noiseless pickups put in his (vintage) Strat but it's something to bear in mind; maybe I should take the Hondo II LP as my backup instead of a Strat.
lorez

Post by lorez »

When I did my sound engineering course they wanted me to do my assignment on induction loops but after a bit of investigation and goi c to venues that had them in I found the subject to boring to do anything more. Amazingly simple technology though
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers