donner gear

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

donner gear

Post by dots »

anybody got any experience with it? i probably should have asked here first, but i needed to order up my son's christmas presents so they'd get here in time. i got him this stuff:
  • Donner DB-3 Guitar Pedal Board Case Aluminium Pedalboard Bag
  • Chromatic LCD Screen DT-1
  • Donner DP-1 10 Isolated Output 9V 12V 18V Guitar Effect Pedal Board Power Supply

plus a planetwaves guitar cable, some pancake cables, and a furman power strip... all stuff i'm familiar with, but the donner gear was so incredibly inexpensive but with really good reviews. thoughts?
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I picked up the pedalboard last year; Inread the supplied Velcro was garbage, so picked up some from the hardware store and used that instead. The bag isn’t great, but it’s fine, otherwise it’s a solid board for far less than PedalTrain.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

thanks! that's great detail, so i'll prolly pick him up some better velcro.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

The second generation of rawkers in your family? You should prolly have a long conversation with your son first regarding toan, fingers and capos. Otherwise he'll waste years going the wrong direction
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
George

Post by George »

I've had a few of their micro-pedals, of which there are now many rebrands going on(!), and they've all been very good for the price. I wish this gear was around when I was a kid.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

other manufacturers putting their names on donner gear or donner is rebranding their own? agreed, if the quality is as good as i have read here and elsewhere, this would have been a game changer for me 20 years ago.
sunshiner wrote:The second generation of rawkers in your family? You should prolly have a long conversation with your son first regarding toan, fingers and capos. Otherwise he'll waste years going the wrong direction
heh, yeah... i gifted him my CV duo several years back and bought him a decent little amp, both of which sat in his closet until he turned 16. he caught the bug pretty bad and has run with it even more than i did, getting into synths (he has like four keyboards) and recording electric pop with his friends. pretty cool, to be sure, and makes dad very proud!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I'd heard it done with Joyo pedals. Are Donner the same crowd as Joyo?

http://www.cheaperpedals.com/blogs/art ... nted-joyos
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

different from what i have gathered, tho they all appear to be cloning the same circuits and rebranding to some degree or another.

and i am glad the "budget boutique" pedals thing is happening. innovators like ben over at dwarfcraft are actually making something new and deserve to be compensated for their ingenuity. these circuit copycats who take a 30+yo design and charge $300 for their paintjob can fuck off.