MXR Dookie Pedal?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

MXR Dookie Pedal?

Post by BearBoy »

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Bet it doesn't sound as crappy as this:
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Fancy. Wonder how it sounds
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I assume it's a Marshall in a box type thing.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Strike while the iron's hot, eh
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Or as soon as Zakk Wylde and Eddie Van Halen both bail on you to start their own gear brands around the same time, and you need to start marketing humbuckery Plexitoan emulators to someone else.

"Shit, we can't call it The Brown Sound anymore, how can we sneakily allude to this?"

Dunlop blurb:
It captures the sound of both of Billie Joe’s amps in a single pedal so that you can dial in your own variations of that famous Dookie sound. We borrowed the amps themselves so that the MXR team could carefully analyze all the sonic qualities that make them sound so darn good. After much analysis and A/B testing, our engineers rebuilt the amps from scratch in pedal circuit form and fit them into a single housing. The High Gain and Clean Gain sections each have their own controls, while the Blend control allows you to mix them together just like Green Day did in the studio. If you want some extra scoop in the midrange of the overall output signal, just hit the Scoop switch.

The Dookie Drive isn’t just for Green Day fans�this totally unique pedal provides a full harmonic range of overdriven tones for a playing experience that is full of depth and dimension.

$189 street
$200 for a distortion pedal to make you sound slightly more like Green Day. Man, the future sucks.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

*dookie-brown sound joke*
George

Post by George »

Tone is in the dookie fingers
Doog wrote:Strike while the iron's hot, eh
Lol
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

You mean I can spend 200 for a Green Day version of a pedal I can get for half of that otherwise, and spend 1500 on Billie Joe’s Les Paul signature? Fuck. I love PUNK RAWK.
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)