What we'll see from Squier/Fender at Winter NAMM 2019

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

Per a thread on OSG from a guy who attended NAMM, Squier are supposedly releasing new Toronados and Cyclone IIs, and Supersonics next year.

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/vie ... 6&t=111206
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

^ if they’re really bringing all those models back holy shit I will be broke for all of 2020
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

If it's true, I hope that they will make the SH version of the Cyclone and not that piece of stratguar-trash with triple SSS coils
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

That is the Cyclone II (thankfully - wanted one of those for ages).
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

BearBoy wrote:That is the Cyclone II (thankfully - wanted one of those for ages).

FUCK YEAH 2020 2007 (AT 5:17 SLOAN STARTS FUCKING IT.)

[youtube][/youtube]
dots wrote:incesticide
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

Golden_Sonic wrote:If it's true, I hope that they will make the SH version of the Cyclone and not that piece of stratguar-trash with triple SSS coils
And hopefully this time, with better pickups that are actually matched, since the 2011 Cyclone I had sounded so bad that even my dumb ass tore it apart to try improving it (which I've only just now finished)
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Had a nosy around the Fender website, and the CV Tele Deluxes and VM Tele Deluxes are both 399. CV is supposed to be better quality right? Does this mean they’re going to discontinue the Vintage Modified ones?
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

I hope not, hope they just drop the price down on them or something, they diversify the line, kids need cool guitars like that.

Hoping I can get some more info on those new jags, really wanting the black or sunburst one. Might snag one this year.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Josh wrote:I hope not, hope they just drop the price down on them or something, they diversify the line, kids need cool guitars like that.

Hoping I can get some more info on those new jags, really wanting the black or sunburst one. Might snag one this year.
Being younger, the only two Fender products I own are Squier because I can’t afford much else (and to be fair, the Squier Tele was a gift from Shad). I really hope they keep all the Squier ranges, the options are great and even the dirt cheap ones can be made into great players
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

<3 shortscale generosity, <3 shad.

You don't need anything other than Squiers to sound awesome. Save your money for a sick amp and crazy pedals.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

On the one hand I kind of agree with that, last two months away from all my guitars only taking two Squiers I felt satisfied and content with what I had, coming back to my Fenders though, idk man. No shame in Squiers though, my CV Strat might be the second best guitar I own and was good enough to be my only guitar with no complaints.

Though real shit, I'd love to throw a mastery bridge on my VM jazzmaster, then upgrade the pickups and electronics and compare it to my Fender.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

singlepup wrote:<3 shad
4tr00
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

I’ve kept and still play every Squier I’ve ever picked up. Great guitars (assuming you don’t get a jacked up one fro, a bad day at the factory) and even better platforms for modding.
Hell is other people.
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

kingkiller wrote:Had a nosy around the Fender website, and the CV Tele Deluxes and VM Tele Deluxes are both 399. CV is supposed to be better quality right? Does this mean they’re going to discontinue the Vintage Modified ones?
The Andert0anz made a video on the new Classic Vibe models. The VM series is going to be discontinued, so I assume that they’ll be going for mad cheap at retailers?

[youtube][/youtube]