EHX Just Can't Fucking Help Themselves...

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

EHX Just Can't Fucking Help Themselves...

Post by BearBoy »

Mono Synth:

EHX wrote:The EHX Mono Synth transforms your guitar into eleven great sounding synthesizers… from vintage synth emulations to fat, stacked voices to soaring lead sounds and more.

The Mono Synth was designed to work on guitar without any modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation. Its intuitive layout makes it easy to use and easy to dial in cool sounds quickly. The pedal’s DRY dial adjusts the dry guitar volume at the Synth Output while SYNTH controls the volume of the synthesizer sound at the Synth Output. Used together they let you create just the right mix. The SENS control, short for sensitivity, adjusts how playing dynamics trigger the synthesizer and allows you to fine-tune the pedal’s response to your guitar and playing style.

With the CTRL knob you can adjust a key parameter for each of the eleven synth types. It varies depending on the preset and provides extra tweakability for customizing your sound. There’s also an EXP input which lets you control an entirely different parameter in real-time with an expression pedal!

Using the built-in Preset footswitch, a user customizable preset for each of the eleven synth sounds can be created, saved and recalled. The factory presets are also easy to restore should you wish to.

From string-like synths, to aggressive resonant sounds and deep drones and bell-like tones, the Mono Synth puts a collection of hot synthesizers at your fingertips.

Quick Specs
- Features eleven great sounding, mono synth sounds
- Easy to use controls let you dial in the sound you want quickly
- EXP pedal input for real-time expressive control with your foot
- Create, save and recall eleven user presets, one for each of the eleven synth sounds
- EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply included
- Current Draw: 125mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0(w) x 4.75(l) x 2.25(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102(w) x 121(l) x 58(h)
Last edited by BearBoy on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Attack Decay - Tape Reverse Simulator:

EHX wrote:The circa-1980 Electro-Harmonix Attack Decay is a sought after prize among vintage pedal aficionados. Originally called a Tape Reverse Simulator, it’s known for producing volume and reverse swells, backward tape sounds, artificially short staccato notes and bowed instrument effects. The new Attack Decay reinterprets the classic and keeps its cool factor, but adds some modern features for convenience and enhanced functionality.

It can produce a single volume envelope like the original, or, with Poly engaged, put separate volume envelopes on each note you play. The built-in Harmonix fuzz is now a fully controllable distortion with gain, tone and volume controls. The effects loop allows the musician or sound designer to place the volume envelope onto whatever signal is present at the Return jack. Expression pedal/CV input and three user presets give the user total control over their Attack Decay!

Quick Specs
- Volume envelope manipulation with adjustable Attack and Decay times.
- Mono mode: one volume envelope at a time, the envelope resets when you play a new note.
- Poly mode: gives each note you play its own envelope.
- Built-in, fully adjustable, Harmonix fuzz enhances the volume envelope effect and produces bowed instrument sounds.
- Built-in effects loop allows for your own pedals to be inserted onto the volume envelope.
- Expression pedal or CV control over every knob on the Attack Decay.
- Save and recall up to three presets.
- Current Draw: 150mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0(w) x 4.75(l) x 2.25(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102(w) x 121(l) x 58(h)
Last edited by BearBoy on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Super Switcher:

EHX wrote:The Super Switcher, as its name implies, offers a powerful solution for players who are tired of “tap dancing� around their pedalboard. In effect, it moves all of your pedals to your pedalboard’s front row while delivering control of them with one button push. The result is that it puts the player back in control of an unruly pedalboard!

It’s also perfect for any guitarist using the “four-cable method� because it makes it easy to properly route effects that should go in front of an amp and those that are best in the effects loop.

When it comes to live performance, the Super Switcher can efficiently organize presets into banks that are easy to recall and match your show’s set list. If you’re playing to a click track and want to have the presets recalled via MIDI programmed to a song, the Super Switcher can handle that, too. It’s also a great way to sync time-based effects to the same master clock.

Quick Specs
- Extensive I/O maximizes flexibility and control.
- Features mono and stereo send/return, insert send/return and mono/stereo out
- Equipped with tuner and tap tempo outs, MIDI In & Out and more.
- Features eight mechanical-relay controlled, true bypass loops.
- Provides 128 presets: 16 banks with 8 presets each.
- Tap footswitch sets the BPM. The Super Switcher can be configured to send/receive MIDI clock and send tap signals to the output. BPM can be global or per preset.
- Tuner footswitch sends the input signal to the tuner out and cuts off the signal from any loops or output.
- Boost footswitch engages a knob adjustable, output gain Boost on both the left and right channels.
- Current Draw: 150mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 19(w) x 6(l) x 2.5(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 483(w) x 153(l) x 64(h)
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

man, if i was still playing out a lot, ^that would be a game changer and top of my list.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's fucking killing me that everyone's brough out GREAT switchers in the last 5 years. My Moen GEC9 is still holding on, but those extra features and presets sure make me jealous..
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Oh man, they've finally done the attack/decay.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

An demo:

[youtube][/youtube]
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

dots wrote:man, if i was still playing out a lot, ^that would be a game changer and top of my list.
that realization actually hurt
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

An demo of the switcher...

[youtube][/youtube]
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

can easily handle wet dry wet, or dry wet dry.

fuck dry wet dry.

im a wet man
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

DO AN WET ?
dots wrote:incesticide
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

ffs
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

What was this.

Was this a clumsy sexual innuendo?

Or is Rob saying that he spurns the use of knobs that allow him to mix the original signal back in.

Honestly, it could be either.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

BearBoy wrote:An demo:

[youtube][/youtube]
holy shit

I know that EHX pedals always disappoint me (except for their cheap vocoder pedal which is rad) but I guess I am going to buy the fuck out of this?
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

BearBoy wrote:Attack Decay - Tape Reverse Simulator:

[youtube][/youtube]
Really like the staccato effects this thing can do, I really enjoyed doing similar things on my SMMWH when I had it. Neat bowed stuff too.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

i bought the mono synth and it is so dang fun. highly recommended
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.