Shopping for an interface

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I really like the Tascam Model 24 too. Just because of how it looks:

Can record independently of your computer if needed but limited to 24Bit/48kHz if that's an issue.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Was about to pull that trigger on the Focusrite until I saw this guy pop up into my life, had to order it.
This PreSonus Studio 68c got the MIDI, does USB-C so I don't need any adapters for my MacBook, and 4 inputs (says 6 but I don't see 6). I imagine it's made to go with Studio one, which is the DAW I use mainly anyway. Gonna update how this goes when it arrives. Super excited. Only $300.
LANK
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I've been using a Presonus Firebox for years and I love it. If the Studio 68c works the same way, the extra inputs come by use of an S/PDIF breakout cable.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Doog wrote:
robroe wrote: you just fuckin said you cant record weezer because you cant fart around at home.
'Farting around' meaning the same farting-around I do on my current desktop machine; not recording vocals. This is for future sessions where I've got studio/practice spaces booked that are not my house and will definitely not involve farting-around.
What on Earth could you be doing that isn't recording Weezer?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I know right?

Maybe writing and demoing songs for a brand new project or something?
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

New Doog album or something else?
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Not Doog, project name is Andrew Floss. Still sounds like me I guess, but a bit more spooky, less guitary.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

BearBoy wrote:I really like the Tascam Model 24 too. Just because of how it looks:

Can record independently of your computer if needed but limited to 24Bit/48kHz if that's an issue.
haha that looks sick but way too big and fully-featured for my needs. I'm basically trying to make something that I can use at home as well, as 'sessions' are few and far between nowadays.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Bacchus wrote:I've been using a Presonus Firebox for years and I love it. If the Studio 68c works the same way, the extra inputs come by use of an S/PDIF breakout cable.
Nice that'll be useful as fuck, gonna order that breakout cable to run MIDI when I get back.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Doog wrote:Not Doog, project name is Andrew Floss. Still sounds like me I guess, but a bit more spooky, less guitary.
Look forward to hearing it.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Update on the presonus studio 68c. Thing's nice. Nice quality lil' box. No latency, no stupid adapter, totally happy with it. Been recording on and off since I got it and am just enjoying the ease and all the amp sims, really been missing out on all this shit, it's good.