How to connect two instruments to a DigiTech Jamman Solo XT

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Golden-Stang

How to connect two instruments to a DigiTech Jamman Solo XT

Post by Golden-Stang »

As the title says, I'd like to know if it possible this option. I want to connect a guitar AND a bass to a single Jamman Solo XT, it's a stereo pedal. I read somewhere that a solution could be using an A/B switch but I never used one. Could anyone give me any advice on how to succeed in this. Or should I just give up? Are there other possibilities?
jagsonic

Post by jagsonic »

i use a jamman express. so i can only talk for this one. but it has also two inputs and outputs. I can plug in a guitar and a bass and on the other side i go into a guitaramp and a bassamp. So i can loop basstones into the bassamp and guitarsounds into the guitaramp. works great and brings a lot of fun. as the solo xt has the same inputs and outputs i would think it would work the same...
Golden-Stang

Post by Golden-Stang »

So you use the stereo inputs as they were two indipendent channels. I'll give it a try, thank you. Besides, using the AUX input too, I guess I can connect my laptop as a third instrument.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

If you wanna connect 2 instruments to a single input, you can use a Y-box BUT it'll need to be buffered, or you'll get weird interactions between the instruments. I remember doing this with just a passive 2-to-1 adaptor as a kid (playing guitars with my friend into one amp), and my controls would control the sound of both guitars; something to do with resistance I'd wager.

If you're not actually playing them at the same time, and it's just so you can swap instruments while recording your loops, a basic A/B box will suffice.

I feel like you can probably do both with a Boss LS-2? I'll give it a go with mine tonight.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Golden-Stang

Post by Golden-Stang »

Resume of my experience: I plugged the guitar in the first input and the bass in the second as well as the two outputs. The result is quite satisfying. Then I connected the pc throught an AUX cable to the Jamman and that's where the magic starts: if there are three people playing simultaneously, the pedal will record the tracks of all of them. Keep in mind that the AUX sound will have an output in both the two amplifiers connected. Quite an experience using the stereo in and outs in this way. Thank you to jagsonic for the advice.