PSA: FedEx destroys guitars and doesn't give a rat's ass

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Dokterrock

PSA: FedEx destroys guitars and doesn't give a rat's ass

Post by Dokterrock »

Let's start with the fact that they require the person that shipped the guitar to make the claim regarding damages and not the person who received the actual destroyed fucking item. Guitar was shipped in a hardshell case with/in the same packing box and material that I received another acoustic guitar the week before. And then let's discuss how the guitar itself was insured with the declared value of the sale amount. What's the point of insurance if they're just going to destroy it and deny any responsibility?

My current theory is that this was stabbed by a forklift. You have to put a LOT of pressure on a hardshell case to get it to disintegrate like it did. I sent them every one of these photos and their letter states that "supporting documentation is not verifiable to our satisfaction." Hrmph.

At any rate, if anybody feels like helping amplify this, I have a Twitter thread here http://twitter.com/hatfeeled/status/11 ... 7032759296 and would greatly appreciate any retweets and sharing. The guy who bought this from me is out $800 and we are essentially being told to get bent.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Arse. That is just...arse. Good luck.