Fender Game of Thrones

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Thom
lamp

Fender Game of Thrones

Post by Thom »

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

These were posted in the GOT thread from the Pub.

They deserve dragon fire.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Ah didn’t see that. But yeah, dreadful.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I kinda like the Lannister Jaguar IIBH
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I do like it too. I've never watched a single episode of the show, but the metallic pickguard with lipsticks makes me drool. The coat of arms suits it very well too. I don't like the volume knob - goofy looking cream Danelectro style knobs would look better
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

The designer might have got the gig because his name sounds like it came from the show.
In April 2019, the Fender Custom Shop partnered with HBO® to celebrate Game of Thrones’ eighth and final season. Fender Custom Shop’s Principal Master Builder, Ron Thorn, created three masterbuilt handcrafted guitars
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I never watched it, but I like those a lot, the jag and tele especially.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Program is shite, guitars are hideous, jam is in fucking listenable...
XY
George

Post by George »

Nick wrote:I kinda like the Lannister Jaguar IIBH
Yeah, the design is cool in an outrageously showy way, jsut get rid of the crest shit for some other pattern.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

dezb1 wrote:Program is shite, guitars are hideous, jam is in fucking listenable...
That was indeed the video where I finally let YouTube know I was not interested in this "Fender" malarkey and they can stop recommending the channel to me.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

So if the guitars had no connections to the show, you guys would think they're pretty cool? If Zemaitis guitars were all based on the show, would you hate them all?
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
George

Post by George »

A lot of Zemaitis guitars look awful to me, but these Fenders are nowhere near that level of design and effort in any case.

I can't fully explain why they're so bad but even the Stark one pisses me off because the understated design (despite it fitting in with the Stark's non-showiness) makes me think Fender probably imagined this would have a chance of selling because it's the most popular house, but the brushed steel and grey-blue palette reeks of American 'tactical operator' dad types, not GoT.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Fakir Mustache wrote:So if the guitars had no connections to the show, you guys would think they're pretty cool? If Zemaitis guitars were all based on the show, would you hate them all?
dezb1 wrote:guitars are hideous
XY
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Kinda like that Jaguar... It's completely over the top in a nice way, and, yes, it would be 100% better if it wasn't some cheap, cynical tie-in with Game of Thrones.

But since it is, into the fire it goes.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Someone on Offset pointed out the bridge saddles on the Jaguar are the wrong way round lol