Rivolta Mondata VIII

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Thomas

Rivolta Mondata VIII

Post by Thomas »

I traded out my Jaguarillo for this yesterday. I liked the Jaguarillo but but always preferred my old Jaguar so i traded for something a bit different.
I will get another one in the future (pref faded sonic blue) but the guy liked it and the chance to get one of these doesn't come along very often.
These are Dennis Fano designed, they remind me of the old Italia guitars but these are on the right side of ugly (to me anyway). The Firebird pickups are amazing. The neck is 25" and reasonably wide/flat and has a modern vibe. It came with 9s on it which I am actually quite enjoying.

Prince would approve of the case:

dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Nice! I like that.
XY
kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Wow! That looks cool as hell man!
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Love these, have been eyeing 'em up for years
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Cheers guys! Yeah I’ve been playing it all day today, it’s REALLY a great guitar. Super comfy too!
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Whoa, I had no idea Eastwood were behind these, and even thought they were probably Schecter-manufactured because of the similarity to the Ultra models, (and the inlays, which are very cool but also appear on Zakk Wylde's dumbass line that Schecter are building/QC-ing). I see the Italia comparison too obviously.

The Les Paul Deluxe solution for the pickup rings (soapbar P90 covers cut to accept a mini-hum) is nifty as ever, always dug the clean look that achieves without having to have screws in every corner of everything.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yes it seems very well considered in just about every aspect. Lots of offsets seem to just mess up the traditional shape and not really change anything else. They got the size spot on too so it’s not too awkward or heavy.

It was a very fast neck too, a much more modern feel considering what you’d expect from the styling.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Saw one in person at Wunjo at the weekend, proper space-age
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Did you give it a go?

They’re also supposed to be making a baritone version...
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I didn't, because I was already feeling guilty for trying a few others, and getting the very friendly "how are you getting on with that?" staff check-ins.

I JUST WANT TO TRY THESE OK, YOU'RE ALREADY KILLING ME WITH THIS ORIGINAL JUPITER:

Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

those phantoms behind you though, god damn.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Josh wrote:those phantoms behind you though, god damn.
that's enough to ignore pretty much anything else in that room.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Doog wrote:I didn't, because I was already feeling guilty for trying a few others, and getting the very friendly "how are you getting on with that?" staff check-ins.

I JUST WANT TO TRY THESE OK, YOU'RE ALREADY KILLING ME WITH THIS ORIGINAL JUPITER:

I had one exactly like that back in the Jag-Stang.com days. I regret selling it, only got like $125 in trade for some Samick acoustic. My 2004 self didn't appreciate it for what it was, but at least I was smart enough to trade it in as is instead of modding it with modern pickups.

Edit, that looks like it has a bridge pickup, mine was neck only.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Nick wrote:I had one exactly like that back in the Jag-Stang.com days. I regret selling it, only got like $125 in trade for some Samick acoustic. My 2004 self didn't appreciate it for what it was, but at least I was smart enough to trade it in as is instead of modding it with modern pickups.

Edit, that looks like it has a bridge pickup, mine was neck only.
Yeah, it's the dual pickup one, hence my besottedness; it's nearly £900 (like $1145) though, which seems eye-wateringly pricey, although pretty much inline with Reverb and eBay.

It plays amazing, even with the narrow but fat neck that somehow seems to suit me. I'm worried what will happen if I go back a third time and try it plugged in...
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Is it lighter than the solid body reissue?
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Yeah man, it's hollow. It's SO different to the Silvertone Jupiter "reissue" I have (solid body, upgraded pickups, flat radius, thin profile), but I could grow to love both..

Maybe I'll have another clear-out sale..
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Wunjos will cut you a deal if you want it. Offer them £750 for it.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Very cool. I’ve never even seen one of those in a shop before.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Doog wrote:I'm worried what will happen if I go back a third time and try it plugged in...
It will probably sound terrible. Do it, it's the only way to put your mind at ease.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Doog wrote:Yeah man, it's hollow. It's SO different to the Silvertone Jupiter "reissue" I have (solid body, upgraded pickups, flat radius, thin profile), but I could grow to love both..

Maybe I'll have another clear-out sale..
At this point even if I had $1000+ burning my pocket I wouldn't buy anything that expensive. I don't know, I'm going through a phase when nothing impresses me. I'd rather buy another cheap Affinity strat with its super narrow neck and would mode the crap out of it. At the same time if some guitar really called to me, I could consider buying it
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.