Cheap strat pickups recommendation?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

Cheap strat pickups recommendation?

Post by dezb1 »

Right have decided the pickups in the cheap strat i bought must go anyone recommend any good CHEAP strat pickups? about £40 max for the set and low output
XY
George

Post by George »

Used set of squier CV pickups would be a good shout. There’s a 50s set on eBay right now actually
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

They do sound class.

I thought they'd probably go for more than £40 though, because idiots.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Squier CV pickups are rebranded Tonerider pups?
George

Post by George »

Not officially confirmed but yes.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Madness.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I'm still skeptical of that, but in any case they really aren't anything too special, and they're running through 500k pots on the CVs so not a very vintage scheme. They sound like Strats when you put them in Strats though, that's hard to fuck up... there's no reason to replace them if you buy a CV, but I wouldn't seek them out on their own for any reason except to save money.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
George

Post by George »

The range in the cv teles and strats completely mirror outputs, magnets, construction and look identical to toneriders. It is quite well documented. The Simon Neil strat having 3 x Alnico 3 and 3 x Alnico 5 magnets per pickup is a big giveaway. Also cvs have 250 alpha brand pots. P sure they’re alpha last time I checked anyway.