Epiphone Flying V

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Epiphone Flying V

Post by mkt3000 »

I decided to peek at cash america's website, and there's a pawn shop not far from my work that has an Epiphone Flying V. Sadly no pics, but they posted the serial - 2008 Made in Korea @ Unsung plant.

Does anyone have an idea of which model flying Vs were made that year? From what I've gathered, that year they were in Korina, black w/ white guard, and as a 7 string, but I can't find anything else out.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I'd always liked Flying Vs, and I've read lots of good things abotu the korina ones. I would love to bits a seven-string korina Epiphone Flying, particularly if it was made in Korea and black with white.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Arr, I love Vs, and the korina ones are meant to be great, and have big necks.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Would love a korina V
XY
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I also really want a 7-string. I had a crazy long lend of and Ibanez RG one when I was a teenager and I loved it, but it was shite looking because of K0rn. Great fun though.

I'd like one in a good shape, or at least a less embarrassing shape. A V would be cool.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Mark Agnesi did a video while still working at Norm's guitars about purchasing Korean V, but I'm not sure what period it was from. It had natural finish and as far as I remember from his description a slim neck
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I’ve not owned one of these Vs however I did have the Explorer counterpart. It was easily as good as a Gibson, the neck was a bit slimmer but everything else was practically the same build and quality wise. The pickups were good too, as ever the wiring was the cheapest part.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

dezb1 wrote:Would love a korina V
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

epiphone V, explorer, and firebird are all sleeper guitars. amazing quality. plus they actually used the Gibson headstocks on those instead of the fugly epiphone headstock they use for the LP and SG. always regretted not getting one of any of them years ago.